Poll: Celtics or Warriors ?

UncleJohnsHand

Who are you pulling for and/or who do you expect to win?

I'm torn.

I've had a fondness for the Warriors since living in the Bay area in the 90's, although I've been a hard core Griz fan since they moved to Memphis. Curry is undeniably a generational talent, and it's a rush to watch him "flame-on" and play out of his head. The team is likable for the most part, and Steve Kerr has more cajones than 99% of our "leaders". On the other hand, the Celtics have that "blue-collar" tough-it-out vibe that reminds me of the teams with Bill Walton as the 6th man (shout out to Grateful Red!)

I'm always excited to see young hungry teams and a changing of the guard.

In fact, this series feels a bit like one of the mid 80's Lakers/Celtics match ups when I used to switch sides from game to game, or even mid-game, to pull for the underdog to even things up. It used to infuriate my buddies that I could be a "traitor' and hate the Celtics/love the Lakers or vice versa at the drop of a hat.

I guess I'll probably be rooting for the Celtics, but I expect the Warriors to pull it out in a  slugfest Game 7. Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I'm pulling for Dubs all the way. I'm a big Steph Curry fan. That being said, Celtics team is resilient and I like them more and more every time I watch them. Down 12 headed into the 4th game 1. 9/11 from 3 in the quarter. Storm back to take the game. I think it's going to be a great series. I hope Dubs pull it out in 6 or 7 games but I can't say I'm confident in that.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Warriors dominate in the 3rd again. This time no collapse in 4th. Warriors are the better team from what I can see. Let's see how it carriers over to game 3 in Boston. I would expect Boston to have more intensity and a better 3rd quarter effort.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, it almost felt like the Celtics mailed it in after they started to get down in the third, as if they'd already accomplished the split and were ready to get home. It's common for the road team to do after a win, but in the last 2 series, the Celtics kept it interesting by fighting to the end, even in a loss. Not so tonight.

• Forum MVP

Unless the Warriors go historically cold from 3 or stop playing stout defense, I think they'll bring home the Larry-O.  The Celtics just don't have enough reliable scorers to counter the dubs with, so unless the Celts start dominating the paint and the glass, I think the they will succumb.