Seaside

Brian NJ

Elective played very well. Personally not a fan of Seaside I feel it represents the worst of what New Jersey has to offer but those that went into the show seemed to be a very good Dead crowd. Many familiar faces everybody seemed to have a very good time dancing although not easy dancing in the sand. We got down the best we could! Some highlights were Box of Rain opener, a deal to end the set that came as close as can be to the Grateful Dead when Jerry was having a good night, mission in the rain a very good funky Corrrina and a Low Spark coming out of space very good! when Jeff broke a string towards the end band went into a Low Spark Jam until he got restrung. Very fun show good concert grounds and could ramble on down to the waves breaking on the ocean... Nicole and I had a blast 😄

• Like (+1) 6
  • Forum MVP

Set 1: Box Of Rain > Man Smart (Woman Smarter) ; Ramble On Rose ; When I Paint My Masterpiece ; Loser ; Cumberland Blues ; Broken Arrow ; Deal

Set 2: Uncle John's Band > Mission In The Rain > Corrina > Unbroken Chain > drums > space > The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys > Throwing Stones > Morning Dew

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
16 hours ago, cnjBrian said:

Elective played very well. Personally not a fan of Seaside I feel it represents the worst of what New Jersey has to offer but those that went into the show seemed to be a very good Dead crowd. Many familiar faces everybody seemed to have a very good time dancing although not easy dancing in the sand. We got down the best we could! Some highlights were Box of Rain opener, a deal to end the set that came as close as can be to the Grateful Dead when Jerry was having a good night, mission in the rain a very good funky Corrrina and a Low Spark coming out of space very good! when Jeff broke a string towards the end band went into a Low Spark Jam until he got restrung. Very fun show good concert grounds and could ramble on down to the waves breaking on the ocean... Nicole and I had a blast 😄

If you had the worst that jersey had to offer, you mean Snookie was there??? Fist pumping all night? Good fights between dudes that were arguing about which tanning bed is the best after doing 14 tequila shots?

• LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP

This was a very important show for me. I had just lost my grandfather the day before. Hearing the music really lifted my spirits and some songs stirred memories for myself.

Box of Rain opener was perfectly fitting. Man smart, woman smarter, ramble on rose, and masterpiece were all played with aplomb. I remember thinking Skip in particularly was on fire. Bit of a hometown show for him. First set really broke open from loser on. Cumberland blues, which is a top 5 song (in case you didn’t know that), had that perfectly dizzying playing. Broken Arrow, another song of the bucket list and another song for Skip. Deal provided a fiery close to the set. 

Second set was pretty choice imo. Not a huge UJB fan but it made sense for the venue. Mission was fantastic and emotional. Corrina was a nice slinky dance. Loved Jeff’s tone. Unbroken chain (three skip songs!) was really tight. I remember thinking the drums portion sounded like something out of terminator. Low spark has been such a welcome addition to the repertoire. Love it. Jeff had some issues before throwing stones and took a while to get his guitar just right. Couldn’t tell if it was a string or what. Seemed to last forever. And then Dew to finish it all of was about all I could ask for. Very strong finish. 

Had a feeling they’d have a hard curfew and not do an encore. Bit of a bummer. Loved being on the sand but the venue preparedness was woeful. Six portapotties and they ran out of beer? Come on now. 

All that aside, it was really wonderful to see so many faces here (you know who you are). Everyone was super kind and supportive. A good night for my soul. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • 2 weeks later...