A band I'm seeing tomorrow

Ammagamalin Crew

• Forum MVP

Saturday September 2 Emmylou Harris at the new barn theater in Mt Vernon KY. Bob Dylan is playing James Brady in Cincy and box office tickets were something like $260-$480, geez, that ain't gonna happened I'll be in Franklin TN coming back from a soak in Gulf Shores. Still would never drop that on an evening of music. That's almost enough to buy another instrument!

• Forum MVP

9/2/23 New Barn Theater 

Mt Vernon KY 8pm

Easy From Now On

Guitar Town

Blue KY Girl

Two More Bottles of Wine

Love and Happiness

Red Dirt Girl

Get Up John

*Talk of Jimmy Buffett and all the great musicians we've recently lost over the past two years leading into>>

Old Five and Dimers

TULSA QUEEN

Wheels

LUXURY LINER

Bright Morning Stars

Bang the Drum Slowly

Kern River

If I Needed You

All The Road Running

Going Back to Harlen 

*Band intros and thx to audience, acknowledging some aren't at their first show tonight*

"we're all...

TOGETHER AGAIN"

Shores of White Sands

The Pearl

Encores:

Pancho and Lefty

Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight

9:45.

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

I know nobody wants to hear anything more about Billy Strings, but check this out: I got an email yesterday about "your upcoming visit" there will be door dash food and beverages delivery starting at 11am in the lot and continuing through the show (you get notified about when to go to concession, not delivery to your seat) Billy merchandise will start at noon in the lot, only one poster per ticket holder, and then there is the parking info. This past summer when we saw him in St Louis, I found a $9.00 parking lot less than a quarter of a mile away (7 min walk) whereas the main event lot (at $25.00) had cars lined up out on the highway waiting forever. My biggest concern now is to find the perfect parking. There are meters and various lots. Co-workers are asking if I'm excited about the show tomorrow night and my reply is "after I get parked" . I've learned not to get too excited until the lights go down. Even then, I'd have to wait until the standard openers were through to see if a To Lay Me Down was going to show up or some once a tour song. Also, no bags, including purses, will be allowed into Van Dal Arena for the show.

• Like (+1) 2

• 4 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Emmylou's playing on her 77th birthday on Tuesday with special guest Jerry Douglas. I think this is the first time she's played on her birthday and it's a benefit for her dog rescue Boneparte's Retreat and a homeless shelter in Nashville. City Winery, free parking (which is a big deal in Nashville). I hoping for a 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
On 3/30/2024 at 8:13 PM, Dead duck said:

I am seeing Disco Biscuits Tuesday but I’ll finally get to see Ms Emmy right before the jubilee

AC will be there too but he’s Emmy Lou Fam. we thought about that but with doing Dso in Nashville Tuesday and the weekend before, we are prob gonna just get to the hotel near buckeye and chill. Those troopers can’t use your car smells like weed as an excuse yo search peoples cars leaving jubilee this year. Using those federal holiday keep highway safe bonus funds for overtime to pull over deadheads early in the morning vs getting guys going 100 causing wrecks should be over. They wrecked a lot of peeps lives terrorizing everyone leaving jubilee for years and they wonder where the bovine connotation came from—maybe dumping out everyone’s backpacks on the side of the road and just driving away if they didn’t find anything leaving the campers to clean up the mess.