Chattanooga

Michael Doc Watson

• Forum MVP

Chattanooga show should be a retirement show for me.  I would like to see more DSO but my body is just getting where it doesn’t have the strength.  Just a few years ago I would have done all these Southern shows starting off this fall tour.  I’m looking forward to seeing many of my friends next Sunday and dancing to the fine music played by the Best Band in the Land.

• Forum MVP

Love you doc. Can’t wait to see you Sunday. Trying to find our legs this weekend so we are ready to boogie for DSO. When you are doing half the shows, you get pretty strong but covid fucked a lot up and our 4 hour mega cardio events are missing bigly from our lives and I need those for my physical health. A 3-day run should give the heart a good workout. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP
It was a really fun evening starting with dinner with Dino and other friends at the Speakeasy across the street then at the rail for the first set which included the best "Red Rooster" I've heard. It was good to hear Bobby Whitlock's and Clapton's song "Keep on Growing". For second set I went upstairs where I could occasionally sit down to rest my old body. The combined "Dark Star>Drums 'n Space" clocked right at 30 minutes. A beautiful young lady started dancing in the space in front of Chris and me which got me up shaking my bones again. "Wharf Rat" brought on a slow dance while we listen to the story of those less fortunate.....after Saturday Night and Brothers and Sisters, "I got up and wandered
Wandered downtown, nowhere to go but just hang around" Outside there was a little band playing on the flatbed truck and folks dancing a bit and a few dogs on leash watching everyone have fun. Peace and Love, Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Sorry didn’t get to say goodbye doc. As soon as that last note played I booked it out for the long drive home. Pretty sure I told my goodbyes to all pre show. Gaining an hour got us home at 3a as opposed to 4a and she got 3 hours sleep b4 work. I was joking with some Atlanta peeps why they weren’t doing Chattanooga with only 1:45 drive. I’m llike who doesn’t add a show that close. YoU are home by 1:30. That’s a no brainer. Some peeps need to fix their priorities not doing local shows like that. Some thought it was insane to see a show 1:45 away like Chattanooga to Atlanta. Pretty much everyone here besides John A tries to do every show if only 2 hours away.