Westbury

If anyone is interested in one of the truest Feelin Groovy jams, it's found on the 2/13/70 Dtar--because it really sounds like the S&G song--about 18:18 in (DPs #4). I took that show out for a spin on the drive to work today--I was inspired by Dr. Pinky!

There is also a great one on the mesmerizing 9/19/70 Dstar.

I'm honored to be a source of inspiration! I listened to the FGJ from 2/13/70. And it did sound like S&G. But I'm not sure it had the full flavor of the jam from 2/24/74 (or the one from Westbury on Thursday). The China Rider from 2/24/74 was pretty amazing though.

Dr. P

• Forum MVP

amazing sound, amazing space, amazing people, amazing setlist, amazing energy, amazing way to start the summer...

thank you dso. and everyone involved. could not ask for a better way to kick start my summer of shows.

sugaree, china>rider, morning dew (kind of fell apart and didnt finish), half step, he's gone, bobby mcgee, weather report --> highlights!

• Forum MVP
amazing sound, amazing space, amazing people, amazing setlist, amazing energy, amazing way to start the summer...

thank you dso. and everyone involved. could not ask for a better way to kick start my summer of shows.

sugaree, china>rider, morning dew (kind of fell apart and didnt finish), half step, he's gone, bobby mcgee, weather report --> highlights!

Agreed, got love dew, wharf rat, he's gone, 1/2 STEP all in the second set; the Brokedown right smack in the middle of the first set was amazing, and bt wind, lyrically, can't beat it....

I'm going to miss the East Coast...

• Forum MVP
It's a quick tempo UJB theme jam that they played for 2 years (and one tease in Pitt in 79?) as part of the China Rider transition. I know many names that people have given it but I don't think any of them are official-- like the Mud Love Buddy Jam (mind left body). Gotta get that copyright to be official. It's what we all strive for.

I always called it "Tiko Tiko". I wasn't aware there were other names for it.

• Forum MVP
I always called it "Tiko Tiko".

that Brazilian samba thing they would play into a song?--like at the famous Miami 74 show and the Portland 74 show? You gotta love all the little tidbits and names to all these jams that this band has developed.

Ya know...Someone should compile a giant list of all of those little ditties they would do---from Beer Barrel Polka to Funicul

• Forum MVP
I know, it's crazy! One week tommorow! Struggling to figure out how it happened, I'll miss NYC!! BUT a huge opportunity that i could not turn down...

Good luck to ya. But you can't change your name to City of Blues Steve. There's only one NEW YORK STEVE!

Archived