Dancin' In The Streets

Drums

Not Fade Away

Black Peter

Around And Around

Encore:

Johnny B. Goode

Shakedown Street

Filler: GLORIA......f*cking mindblowing one at that!

Setlist speaks for itself. I knew it was going to be a good night when John was bouncing away during Minglewood. Just a happy happy happy crowd. Show was epic as expected. Good to be with the family :) I am blessed!!!!!

The whole weekend was just an absolute lovefest. I flew down Friday completely stressed and not in the best of spirits and now sitting on the plane coming back as happy as can be thanks to the family and music. No place I'd rather be :)

xoxo

Lis

• Forum MVP

It was every bit epic..... first set was tight and crisp...which only would mean...... "trouble ahead, trouble behind"

I "had an enjoyable ....may I say fun time"

2nd set could be considered and should be illegal in the lower 48 states .....Mr. Rob Barraco probably would agree...

good to hang with some good people ...you know who you are...

and Clint Eastwood enjoyed the fact that the after hours is his job to provide.....

Guest rowjimmy

Overall the day was incredible. 14 Starheads gathered at a Florida institution (Landmark not Psychiatric Center) for lunch where we were able to catch up and could hear about the Florida shows I missed.

Reading the reviews for the beginning of the Florida run, I was very much looking forward to Pompano. DSO never disappoints and this show wasn't an exception. High energy and lots of smiles coming from the stage last night. Venue layout was good and staff was great , I would return.

My friend from CT who was visiting with family brought his sister to her first DSO show. With 52 Dead concerts under her belt going back to the late 70's, she was simply blown away by the experience. Please add another tally to the disciple column for me...;)

Having missed Vince and Sue for NYE, I am glad we had the chance to see each other as well as Gary & Connie, Kris & Steve, the "Boys" - Torin, Jordin, Mason (sorry you'll be 40 and older someday and still be the boys), Brian, Emma, Nantucket, Chuck, Lisa, Frank, Matt, and the rest of the Starheads. Alex, you were missed.

I shared your love with RowLisa who was absent from my side last night...she thanks you and sends hugs your way. We are looking forward to Boulder.

Peace

• Forum MVP
dso brings it every night or atleast all of the 39 shows i have seen. i dont need to hear a note to know the show was well played.

Actually, you do young jedi. :)

There are all kinds of variations for a single song, even with a band as consistant as DSO. Did John play 3 solos on Sugaree? Did he take the 3rd solo off or was it a good one or was it a "mother of God I can't believe what I just saw" one? These guys aren't robots--they are musicians.

And that's just one miniscule example.

You need to hear the show to know how good it was.

• Forum MVP
Actually, you do young jedi. :)

There are all kinds of variations for a single song, even with a band as consistant as DSO. Did John play 3 solos on Sugaree? Did he take the 3rd solo off or was it a good one or was it a "mother of God I can't believe what I just saw" one? These guys aren't robots--they are musicians.

And that's just one miniscule example.

You need to hear the show to know how good it was.

Show looks pretty epic to me...but HaveYouSmoked has the right to his opinion. No need to be a prick. :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP
Show looks pretty epic to me...but HaveYouSmoked has the right to his opinion. No need to be a prick. :dsorocks:

How was I being a prick?

Was it calling him young jedi? Well, if that was offensive I apologize--I saw that as a compliment---much like when he calls Eaton, "Senator Eaton"!

• Forum MVP
How was I being a prick?

Was it calling him young jedi? Well, if that was offensive I apologize--I saw that as a compliment---much like when he calls Eaton, "Senator Eaton"!

I guess I misread that. My apologies.

• Forum MVP

...and its up on archive.org already! Big thanks for taper Spyder9 for his hard work and those of us who didnt attend, can hear it for oursleves less than 24 hours after it was played in Pompano Beach! Awesome! Epic to say the least! ;)

http://www.archive.org/details/dso2009-01-31.spyder9.flac16

See to me, the sets of music that are played are truly inconsequential in the end. I do not mean that in any negative way- we all love certain songs, don't care for others, love a certain era, etc but when it comes down to it the song selection is just one tiny variable that creates the show. I truly believe it would not have mattered ONE bit what they played this weekend because what made this weekend so special was not just the kick ass not fade away last night or that stop that train that left everyone with their jaws on the floor. I think we would be saying the same thing regardless of the setlist because the energy was there, so the music truly played the band. It really came down to the communal sharing of the music with the family. We all bring our own certain emotions, energy, and baggage to the table when going to a show and all those little personal pieces add up to what creates the overall energy of the show- whether it be positive or negative. The band's emotions, energy, etc comes through the music to us, but there isn't one person in the house who doesn't contribute to make the show what it is. This weekend there was just such a warm, loving, happy, all negativity left behind type of energy being shared and celebrated on the stage and in the crowd that just made these shows so epic. It was sacred. And a wonderful way to kick off the new year.

and for those of you who were not there, you were very much missed.

just my 2 cents :)

Lisa

• Forum MVP

Got home yesterday in the afternoon about 3 .dropped Brian off ,had a nice lunch at an indian resturant, after the pompano show we had to drive up to orlando to catch an earily flight knowing I was coming back to snow & rain to day. Only had 1 hour of sleep so getting home from phili was pretty rough.

I can't say anyting more about what the band is doing ,they are just purely in a zone ,they could play what ever the hell they want & its going to be on . For the people that seen the 4 shows they got to see 85 songs performed with only 2 repeats . Ten jed & loser & the first night they were played with just one drummer. I think thats pretty incredible.

For the nice people down there in florida thanks so so much for what you had done for everyone ,it was straight from the heart Sue & Vince , great food ,fantastic friendship & also what makes these shows so sweet are all the starheads that were down there also . fantastic memories !!!

Guest crazy digits
Got home yesterday in the afternoon about 3 .dropped Brian off ,had a nice lunch at an indian resturant, after the pompano show we had to drive up to orlando to catch an earily flight knowing I was coming back to snow & rain to day. Only had 1 hour of sleep so getting home from phili was pretty rough.

I can't say anyting more about what the band is doing ,they are just purely in a zone ,they could play what ever the hell they want & its going to be on . For the people that seen the 4 shows they got to see 85 songs performed with only 2 repeats . Ten jed & loser & the first night they were played with just one drummer. I think thats pretty incredible.

For the nice people down there in florida thanks so so much for what you had done for everyone ,it was straight from the heart Sue & Vince , great food ,fantastic friendship & also what makes these shows so sweet are all the starheads that were down there also . fantastic memories !!!

They can repeat Loser every night...

again, what a weekend!!!!

Pomp was a whole different scene from the night before

there must have been an easy 1200 people in the bar/warehouse

it was tough to find room to dance anywhere on the floor

thankfully they opened the balcony right at the start of the first set and that offered some minimal relief

even during the second set when the crowd started to thin it was still hard to find a good dance spot

as a result I was on the move more than usual

roaming around, dancing here and there as I found "the pocket"

it was great dancing up top in the "Friends of Chuck" VIP section

but I felt too disconnected from the band and had to keep going back down front to really "feel it"

it was all around grate fun

the band DELIVERED in a big way and I was so glad to receive everything they had to throw out there

I could care less about song selection or original vs recreation

if it makes me dance like no one is watching and come out the top of my head like nothing else then I know it was ON!!!!

and boy it was ON FIRE this weekend

and the next thing I knew I was on a plane and back looking at the Pacific Ocean

so strange - looking at the Atlantic one moment and a few short hours later.....

it is warmer here in Cali than it was in Florida - cold wind blowing in Florida

but man the love I felt in Florida will keep me warm for weeks to come

thanks so much to everyone who made it what it was

so so very special

I love you all

(you know who you are)

-e

Archived