The Other One

Morning Dew

Around And Around

Encore:

Casey Jones

Filler:

Bye and Bye

Dino on Drums

lots of fun- sweet sugaree in first set....good to hear some tunes haven't heard in a while- race is on and loose lucy. VERY nice Other One and Dew....highlight for me.

These bones are TIRED though after this run! Everything went just exactly perfect- (besides our 1 hour delay getting to NC). This tour has been so strong- super high energy and very happy vibe. Looking forward to more!

You know I wish I was there especially since one of my oldest and dearest friends who lives in Raleigh went to the show last night. This is/was his first DSO experience, mucho shows in his time. Looks like the band delievered as usual. Can't wait to hear from him today. Wonder if Roanoke will be in his plans? Glad your all having fun, dance a tune for me.

Namaste Kris

Guest DEAD HEAD

Another great show with some real goodies in it ... :dsorocks:

This is the second show in a row without Rob Koritz ,is he feeling OK ?... we have a nasty flue going around here in NJ thats taking everyone down ... Hope all is well !!! :)

EDIT: as I go back over the set list , I cant help but notice how they are all GOODIES ...OUTSTANDING !!!

7/1/73 is also a good one from the CA run....

sometimes short sweeet songs are good..

no 2 are quite the same

but i personally would rather hear a nice long jam..

like a shakedown opener ...or a lazylightnin/ supplication

oh man its been too long!!!!

11 days!!!

• Forum MVP

Sitting here in limbo

Waiting for the plane to go

Sitting here in limbo

Treasuring each & ev'ry show

This lil 4 show run has been a blessing. It truly epitomizes why we do what we do. I thank the folks I hung with along the way, and look forward to seeing soon the family who couldn't make it this time.

Guest DEAD HEAD
Rob's Koritz's grandfather died. He was 94. Obviously, he lived a long good life. Rob went home. He will be back on tour soon.
94 years on the face of this good earth is a true milestone...My condolences to Rob K. and his family!!!

Show was good. Sound was lacking in this venue but the band played on.

Good to see a few of the usual suspects. Chuck&Lisa thank you for the warm welcome - set my spirit right for the show, love you guys.

I should have taken ibuprofin before the show, these bones were aching from the ride down. DSO usually has me forget that I have a broken double fusion, 4 herniated disc above that and 5 knee operations. I am recuperating at an old friends house in VA, cooking roast turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cauliflower in cheese sauce etc. for her three daughters and smile,smile,smile. On to Roanoke tomorrow!

Peace Rob in the passing of your pop.

Brian

Just a question. Will this alter the way the band approaches the shows that Rob K is absent? I have read in the past that all recreated shows are picked prior to the start of the tour. Has DSO ever recreated a show, for example from the 80's or 90's, with only one drummer or can one expect a variety of original sets and early 70's until Rob gets back?

Rob's Koritz's grandfather died. He was 94. Obviously, he lived a long good life. Rob went home. He will be back on tour soon.

Rob....know all our hearts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.......94 years is one hell of a ride! Hopefully in the sorrow of the time you and your family can find room to celebrate your grandfathers life - take care.

Guest captain420
Just a question. Will this alter the way the band approaches the shows that Rob K is absent? I have read in the past that all recreated shows are picked prior to the start of the tour. Has DSO ever recreated a show, for example from the 80's or 90's, with only one drummer or can one expect a variety of original sets and early 70's until Rob gets back?

I don't think they have ever tried to do a 2 drummer show with only 1 drummer.

Expect 1 drummer era and originals....

Love 2 drummer shows, condolences to the Koritz Family.

• Forum MVP

We were going to do an 80's show that night. Because we already planned a one drummer show the next night we decided to do a one drummer elective. We would never do a recreation of a two drummer show with one drummer. Hope that answers your question. Peace, RB

• Band Member
Sending Love and Positive Vibes to Rob and Family................

Peace, Bob and Cathy

\Thanks to you all for your good wishes. It has been great for me to be home with my family for these few days, although it pained me to leave the road. I will be returning tomorrow, to Roanoke. Once again, my family and I thank you all for your condolences. PEACE

Archived