Gamh 4/13/2009

Dstone5553

• Forum MVP

03-30-94 The Omni, Atlanta, Ga. (Wed)

1: H. C. Sunshine, Stranger, Jack A Roe, Same Thing, Lazy River Road, El Paso@, New Speedway> Promised

2: Scarlet> Fire, Playin> Dark Star> Drumz> Miracle> Stella Blue> Sugar Magnolia E: Liberty

final "Dark Star" - "Dark Star" is first verse only

Filler: Sailor>Saint, Ripple

It's amazing how much heart, sweat and soul they put into each and every song. Great start to a run.

Highlights for me were the Stranger, Playin>D Star and Stella.

Guest Lisacat

The energy was intense to say the least. Loved the gamh- didn't really think I'd like it more than the Fillmore but I think I do. Nice to be back on the west coast!

• Forum MVP
Did John try to match Jerry's emotion on that 94 stella where the last 3-4 minutes of the song the only vocals are stelllllla blueeeee....blueeeee...blueeee

probably not, but thatd be so cool

how many times must it be gone over? they just play the setlist. I wasn't there but i'm sure John sang it however he felt fit ;)

i went to sleep last night with dark star stuck in my head,

and woke up this morning with it still in there ...

i had a feeling they might play it...

but i had the 2 from the vault version stuck in my head,

60's , a little upbeat, with the pigpen rhythm section...

pretty sweet song..might be one of their sweetest

ive seen DSO play it one time at gratefulfest, but that was the only time...

also .. whata a friggin sweet looking set...love HC sunshine, New speedway boogie!! SCARLET<FIRE

alllso...! how about playing 3/31/94 tonight?? theres a sweet king bee, but its only a 14 song show!!! lol

• Forum MVP
Did John try to match Jerry's emotion on that 94 stella where the last 3-4 minutes of the song the only vocals are stelllllla blueeeee....blueeeee...blueeee

probably not, but thatd be so cool

No extra vocal flourishes. Fantastic, heartfelt Stella, however, and a highlight.

The jamming in Playin' was great as well.

Both Stranger and Promised Land were a touch freaky, like that feeling when DSO does something that's better than the Dead, which could be said about the jams in both those tunes. Like when the balance of the universal is tilted slightly... :cheers:

Scarlet>Fire was insane.

The Jerry tones that JK had going on during Fire were wonderful.

i went to sleep last night with dark star stuck in my head,

and woke up this morning with it still in there ...

i had a feeling they might play it...

but i had the 2 from the vault version stuck in my head,

60's , a little upbeat, with the pigpen rhythm section...

pretty sweet song..might be one of their sweetest

ive seen DSO play it one time at gratefulfest, but that was the only time...

also .. whata a friggin sweet looking set...love HC sunshine, New speedway boogie!! SCARLET<FIRE

alllso...! how about playing 3/31/94 tonight?? theres a sweet king bee, but its only a 14 song show!!! lol

it sure is a possibility. for the 31st show. this one was a classic shorty but goodie first set 94 style

• Forum MVP

This one may be a better candidate.

04-01-94 The Omni, Atlanta, Ga. (Fri)

1: Picasso Moon> Deal, Wang Dang Doodle, Dire Wolf, B. T. Wind@, Bird Song

2: China Cat> I Know You Rider, Box Of Rain, Estimated> He's Gone> TWBS> Drumz> Other One> Wharf Rat> Lovelight E: Brokedown

This one may be a better candidate.

04-01-94 The Omni, Atlanta, Ga. (Fri)

1: Picasso Moon> Deal, Wang Dang Doodle, Dire Wolf, B. T. Wind@, Bird Song

2: China Cat> I Know You Rider, Box Of Rain, Estimated> He's Gone> TWBS> Drumz> Other One> Wharf Rat> Lovelight E: Brokedown

An educated man! I like that. man, ive been waiting for my brokedown. since LA. I know its only three shows but im gettin ancy. im sure its gonna happen at least one more time. most likelky at the NV show that i dont think i can bring myself to drive to. its such a weird haul for such a straight shot west coast tour.

• Forum MVP

Also of note on the Stella. One of my "secrets to success" of any Stella is the palpable feeling of the pause right after "it seems like all this life was just a dream." Last night's Stella may have had the longest such pause that I've heard.

I didn't realize this was the final GD Dark Star. A bit eerie...

Also of note on the Stella. One of my "secrets to success" of any Stella is the palpable feeling of the pause right after "it seems like all this life was just a dream." Last night's Stella may have had the longest such pause that I've heard.

I didn't realize this was the final GD Dark Star. A bit eerie...

im not sure i know you jon but are you in sf?

im not sure i know you jon but are you in sf?

dumb question, seems that you are

Archived