Mason's Children

Sugaree

Lady With A Fan> (JK)

Terrapin Station (BW)

Help> (BW & JK)---is this right?

Slip>

Franklins (PL)

US Blues ( )

I wouldn't surprised if things changed with vocals...

I would be very surprised.

They did it with Warren but that's not going to happen here.

Box Of Rain

I Need A Miracle

Wang Dang Doodle>

They Love Each Other (JK)

Beat It On Down The Line

Candyman (JK)

Estimated Prophet>

Cumberland Blues

Lost Sailor>

Saint

Mason's Children

Sugaree

Lady With A Fan> (JK)

Terrapin Station (BW)

Help> (BW & JK)---is this right?

Slip>

Franklins (PL)

US Blues ( )

....nice weekend to be in jersey.....

• Forum MVP
EWWWWW, just when you start to feel like maybe, just maybe, JK will rip it wide open, Phil sings>>>>
If it is to be said it had better

be said all in a breath - the

thing we think we know so

well, yet can rarely remember

to say aloud - believing it's only

because we forget to remember

to say it that it's so rarely articulated. . .

rather than adducing the fact of the matter,

which is that it only exists when

formulated by living breath.

Go Phil

:)

• Forum MVP

Box Of Rain

I Need A Miracle

Wang Dang Doodle>

Beat It On Down The Line

Candyman (JK)

Estimated Prophet>

Cumberland Blues (JK&BW&PL)

Lost Sailor>

Saint

Mason's Children

Sugaree (BW)

Lady With A Fan> (JK)

Terrapin Station (BW)

Help> (JK)

Slip>

Franklins (PL)

US Blues (BW)

Any corrections in terms of vocals will be appreciated.

Guest deadheadmike
Fuck him and the horse he rode in on....

<_<

EDIT :

Steve , I felt just like you about about Phil and Bob singing the Jerry tunes and I kind of got over it after the show on sat ( it was really good ) and I know in time you will kind of get over it too my Brother :)

and if all goes well here at home , I'll come out west this summer , we'll go to a Futher show or 2 and you'll see how well they've progressed from Oakland ... the live show is much different than the one written down on paper ;)

Guest deadheadmike
When you hear the show from tonight, go easy on Bobby - his TelePrompTer was evidently screwed up. Blew the words to Estimated and U.S. Blues big time! Hahahahahahahahaha

are you sure it was the TelePrompTer ??? ;)

• Forum MVP
When you hear the show from tonight, go easy on Bobby - his TelePrompTer was evidently screwed up. Blew the words to Estimated and U.S. Blues big time! Hahahahahahahahaha

He is using a teleprompter? I thought that would have to be the case due to all the Garcia material he now has to know but I assumed one was not being used when I heard the Mobile from a couple shows ago, unless it was broken then, which seem unlikely.

It could be the case that his songs are not on there, which reminds me of what happened with GD. They only had a few of Garcia's songs on the teleprompter, like Visions and Days Between. If they have the thing, they should have every single song on it, just in case one had to sneak a glance--what's the point of having it otherwise? I think the later shows would have been much cleaner had Garcia had had every song at his disposal. There couldn't have been SO many missed lyrics at every single show on every single set and the moments of discomfort that followed--it stopped whatever momentum that was building.

Someone should tell Bob to put his songs on there as well--just in case. What's the harm? I know he was not enjoying that performance of Stuck.

Box Of Rain

I Need A Miracle

Wang Dang Doodle>

Beat It On Down The Line

Candyman (JK)

Estimated Prophet>

Cumberland Blues (BW&PL)?

Lost Sailor>

Saint

Mason's Children

Sugaree (BW)

Lady With A Fan> (JK)

Terrapin Station (BW)

Help> (BW & JK)

Slip>

Franklins (PL)

US Blues (BW)

JK sang Terrapin and did it very well i didnt go sat. night do to not wanting to go the show is only 45 minutes from my house and i was told by some people that was at sat. show that i should go .I attend both nights in nyc and WAS NOT impressed .This band COULD take us old Deadheads back to a place that we can no longer go if BOB and PHIL would only realize truely what they have with the rest of the band members . BOBBY singing Sugaree turned my stomach.AFTER a great HELP/SLIP our friend PHIL HAD TO KILL FRANKLINS please help me understand why some people think that was great. BOBBY can NOT even remember the words to his own songs.THIS band could be very good if BOB AND PHIL WOULD LET JK SING WHAT HE IS THERE TO SING . HAPPY HOLIDAY TO ALL . LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DSO NEW YEARS RUN. DAVE

• Forum MVP

Box Of Rain

I Need A Miracle

Wang Dang Doodle>

Beat It On Down The Line

Candyman (JK)

Estimated Prophet>

Cumberland Blues (JK&BW&PL)

Lost Sailor>

Saint

Mason's Children

Sugaree (BW)

Lady With A Fan> (JK)

Terrapin Station (BW)

Help> (JK)

Slip>

Franklins (PL)

US Blues (BW)

Guest crazy digits

...just got home....Show was utter sickness! They are really starting to get this thing right...didn't even matter who was singing....the music was close to flawless.....

The Terrapin was off the charts.......

Bobby's voice reminded me of the 73', 74' era tonight..It was really good...Nice hanging/dancing with Ellen, the Santa Cruz family, Kimberly, Lisa, Dr. Mallory, Ali, Rick, Conway and Katie...hope I am not forgetting anyone...

Peace and love

BTW> I clearly did not think Furthur was going to do it for me as I expressed in several previous posts..However, I admit, I was wrong....I was very happy and proud to be a fan tonight..

• Forum MVP
phil sang franklins again? when does sci go on tour again?

I agree with dstone, the vocals do matter. everytime phil or bobby steps up to sing a jerry tune it's a complete momentum killer. EVERYTIME.

I'm really just bitter that I didn't go.... :(

:dsorocks:

Might have been those things he ingested in the 60's (70's and 80's)... :rolleyes:

But he did stare at it a few times during Prophet like it had betrayed him somehow.

Scott,

It was nice hanging out before the show for dinner with you guys-Good food/new friends/promise of grate music....Does it get any better?

Bobbys had that stare going often since the first time I seen him @ kickoff for Dead'09 (Roseland Ballroom_3_30_09).He actually looked worse that night scraggly beard to go with the lg. cheesy mustache!

The show had it's shining moments for sure! TLEO/BODTL/Candyman was just what the Dr. ordered & got the show rolling along nicely...Smokin' Cumberland to end first set!

The Slipnot was sooo intense after JK tore up Help on the Way only to have it all come crashing down in FrankLESH Tower!

I guess you can call them the CORE 2 now-When they sing Garcia songs it just saps the energy for me & momentum builds again only to come crashing down -kinda like the waves @ Asbury last night !

Hope you had safe travels home!

See 'Ya on the Road,

Rob

Guest Lisacat

Ended up going to both shows and boy I'm glad I did.....

Last night blew me away....like Bix said, last night it didn't matter who was singing....the energy was so great, the music played the band and we got enough JK vocals to keep me happy. JK is never ever going to take all the Jerry vocals- its simple as that, so we may as well accept it as it is.

Its only going to get better people, patience patience.

Lets be grateful....this music is going to live forever, and we are blessed to be able to experience it right now with 2 of the original members plus JK. When Bobby and Phil are gone, we are going to wish we had Furthur. We may as well soak it up while we can. And in the meantime, we have our beloved DSO who bring it consistently every night.

and much love to the santa cruzers and cali kids....you guys always make it special.

Archived