Why Oh Why ?

Anthony

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deadheadmike
Well yes, the music of the spheres is Scarlet>Fire>Estimated>Eyes, with the Hallelujah Choir singing backup vocals.

I could live out my days and beyond in place like that !

• Forum MVP

Haven't read this whole thread but I've always been amused at the people who keep the message boards like the Zone or Org updated after every single song, as well as the people who are online during the whole show waiting for that info. I get that people want to check in from time to time and see what's going on and if there was an instant scoreboard, it be nice for us to know what a band like DSO is doing for something like a NYE show but I couldn't imagine being one of those people at a show, taking the time to remove themselves from the magic in order to inform the world of what's going on. Anyone who does this or has any inkling of wanting to do this at a show is a better person than I. The last thing I want to be doing after DSO or whatever band finishes a song is going on the Internet and typing in words. It's definitely part of the music scene now and I guess, 20 years from now, most people are probably going to just do this and it will be second nature, but I have to admit thinking that it's pretty fucking strange.

I'm not yet 40 but I feel kind of old seeing so many people at shows on their blackberry's and handelds or taking vids. It's like the old story getting that perfect picture of the sunset and missing it.

I can actually picture myself telling my future kids how it used to be in the good old days.

Haven't read this whole thread but I've always been amused at the people who keep the message boards like the Zone or Org updated after every singe song from a show as well as the people who are online during the whole show waiting for that info. Anyone who does this or has any inkling to do this at a show is a better person than I. The last thing I want to be doing after DSO or whatever band finishes a song is going on the Internet and typing in words. It's definitely part of the music scene now and I guess, 20 years from now, most people are probably going to just do this and it will be second nature, but I have to admit thinking that it's pretty fucking strange.

I'm not yet 40 but I feel kind of old seeing so many people at shows on their blackberry's and handelds or taking vids. It's like the old story getting that perfect picture of the sunset and missing it.

I can actually picture myself telling my future kids how it used to be in the good old days.

I'm only 42 ,but often find myself relating how it was in the "old" days to my kids! Funny I never realized just how good those days were, until they were gone!

It's been such a blessing to share this music with my daughter Morgan & not be forced to just talk about it! :dsorocks:

Peace,

Rob

• Advisory Board
It's good to know that I'm at least tolerated...

You are more then tolerated my brother.... You know we love you!! Obviously, ARCH hasn't met you, and doesn't know that you are a kind brother.

As for posting setlists live during a show, it ain't gonna happen from me.... first, I don't have internet on my phone, so sue me, and secondly, the LAST thing I want to do when I am in the groove of a show, is to play with my electronic devices...

Like I say to those who bitch and complain about DSO only comming to their town once a year, get on a fucking plane just like the rest of us and go hear the setlist for yourself. If you can not do that, then wait the 4 - 20 hours for someone who was there to post the setlist... I find that watching live updates on setlists makes me unhappy as I keep wishing I was there for every song... kinda like Chinese water torture...

You are more then tolerated my brother.... You know we love you!! Obviously, ARCH hasn't met you, and doesn't know that you are a kind brother.

As for posting setlists live during a show, it ain't gonna happen from me.... first, I don't have internet on my phone, so sue me, and secondly, the LAST thing I want to do when I am in the groove of a show, is to play with my electronic devices...

Like I say to those who bitch and complain about DSO only comming to their town once a year, get on a fucking plane just like the rest of us and go hear the setlist for yourself. If you can not do that, then wait the 4 - 20 hours for someone who was there to post the setlist... I find that watching live updates on setlists makes me unhappy as I keep wishing I was there for every song... kinda like Chinese water torture...

This point of view is well documented and its just fine. As for me, I would enjoy live song by song updates when not at the show, so I could in my mind think about what's coming next. Is it original or a show? What are they gonna dew after bertha>good lovin? Isn't this part of the show experience? Do other people think like this when physically at the show?

Again, this isn't about me. The original thread is about the flurry of furthur updates on the DSO website and why it can't be done for our DSO. I think it should be done for our band. If you don't think so or don't want to do it, FINE! For the very few who embrace this concept (I think there are more out there than will admit because its not a popular idea) we should try and show the love to the band the way you are all showing the love to furthur on the DSO website.

Guest deadheadmike
This point of view is well documented and its just fine. As for me, I would enjoy live song by song updates when not at the show, so I could in my mind think about what's coming next. Is it original or a show? What are they gonna dew after bertha>good lovin? Isn't this part of the show experience? Do other people think like this when physically at the show?

Again, this isn't about me. The original thread is about the flurry of furthur updates on the DSO website and why it can't be done for our DSO. I think it should be done for our band. If you don't think so or don't want to do it, FINE! For the very few who embrace this concept (I think there are more out there than will admit because its not a popular idea) we should try and show the love to the band the way you are all showing the love to furthur on the DSO website.

This DSO Forum is self supported by its members ... as your suggestions on DSO show set list up-dating are greatly appreciated your donation to help support the forum would be greatly appreciated also ... the DONATION button is at the bottom of the main page ... Thanks !!!

This DSO Forum is self supported by its members ... as your suggestions on DSO show set list up-dating are appreciated your donation to help support the forum would be greatly appreciated ... the DONATION button is at the bottom on the main page ... Thanks !!!

As you proclaimed yourself the president of bs, I'm not sure if your serious. If you are, how much do you donate a year? That way I can prorate my donation based on # of posts a year, length of time being a member etc. The good news is your not asking for $ for your self! Thanks

(I think there are more out there than will admit because its not a popular idea) we should try and show the love to the band the way you are all showing the love to furthur on the DSO website.

arch, it's actually a very popular idea. i for one wish we were also getting reviews after each song. but we are showing the love to our brothers and sisters by not demanding that they get out of the "now" to service those of us who can't be there. this is what i love about the young whippersnappers out there with their need to text and twitter everything. they will eventually come on board and perform this service as a natural part of their being. but until they volunteer, it is most unfair to ask anyone to diminish their joy by saddling them with setlist responsibility.

Guest deadheadmike
As you proclaimed yourself the president of bs, I'm not sure if your serious. If you are, how much do you donate a year? That way I can prorate my donation based on # of posts a year, length of time being a member etc. The good news is your not asking for $ for your self! Thanks

I was actually having some fun with Anthony about being the pres of bs and was having some fun with you about the traveling subsidy , you should have figured that out ... I never BULLSHIT about this Forum and I never brag about what I give , I just give from my heart !!!

Yo Herdy! Glad to see you survived the cruz.

I know......Dr. Vapor will be most surprised.

I think this is a good cause and will help out with the posting. Gotta support your brothers, right?

Keep it clean! Luv u buddy

I assure you Mike is by far the largest contributor and not only monetarily. His generosity overwhelms me!

:mikerocks:

ARCH,

Your original post brought to light a good point about the FURTHUR updates,too bad it spun out of control.This thread has become amusing!

ANoTHer ONe2watch,Your post really made me smile!

Too bad original intentions get lost in the shuffle!

Just wondering, would you prefer the Furthur updates go away until the DSO ones start? I don't really care either way!

It's incredible the amount of chaos in the air for the past 6mo.'s !-I fed into earlier before the JK announcement & was not a happy camper!

It may have been a blessing that all GD sagas unfolded with out daily opinion/debate online! There would have been polls & debates about how Jerry should leave GD to preserve his health,etc....

FWIW-I'd just enjoy what we got,let the saga unfold & enjoy the ride!

Peace,

Rob

I was actually having some fun with Anthony about being the pres of bs and was having some fun with you about the traveling subsidy , you should have figured that out ... I never BULLSHIT about this Forum and I never brag about what I give , I just give from my heart !!!

No worries figured it out! Having fun with you too. Intent and context are very hard understand in forums, email etc.

I have no doubt about your dedication or contributions and wish you the best my forum friend!?

ARCH,

Your original post brought to light a good point about the FURTHUR updates,too bad it spun out of control.This thread has become amusing!

ANoTHer ONe2watch,Your post really made me smile!

Too bad original intentions get lost in the shuffle!

Just wondering, would you prefer the Furthur updates go away until the DSO ones start? I don't really care either way!

It's incredible the amount of chaos in the air for the past 6mo.'s !-I fed into earlier before the JK announcement & was not a happy camper!

It may have been a blessing that all GD sagas unfolded with out daily opinion/debate online! There would have been polls & debates about how Jerry should leave GD to preserve his health,etc....

FWIW-I'd just enjoy what we got,let the saga unfold & enjoy the ride!

Peace,

Rob

I think it is a little disrespectful to DSO to have another band get song by song updates on THEIR website. Personally I think the furthur forum should find a new home.

I think it is a little disrespectful to DSO to have another band get song by song updates on THEIR website. Personally I think the furthur forum should find a new home.

I'm sure theres alot of people feeling that way....We got more than enough DSO news to talk about!

Peace,

Rob

To be honest I have never liked having the Furthur subforum. I feel this site is for DSO. The only reason I made it was to keep the General Discussion area free for DSO content. I have hoped that after the new wore off it would decrease in activity.

I'll be glad to take it down.

Guest deadheadmike

Seriously , I think its time for the Furthur Forum to go also ...

DSO tour is starting ... Stu Allen is scheduled for the month of April or so on DSO west coast tour ... we'll have plenty of DSO business to discuss !!!

Guest deadheadmike
No worries figured it out! Having fun with you too. Intent and context are very hard understand in forums, email etc.

I have no doubt about your dedication or contributions and wish you the best my forum friend!?

No worries here either ... I wish the best to you also , ARCH !!! :dsorocks:

To be honest I have never liked having the Furthur subforum. I feel this site is for DSO. The only reason I made it was to keep the General Discussion area free for DSO content. I have hoped that after the new wore off it would decrease in activity.

I'll be glad to take it down.

Awesome! I think this is a great step towards giving DSO our full attention! Not that you weren't already

• Forum MVP
Awesome! I think this is a great step towards giving DSO our full attention! Not that you weren't already

Yeah...I'm sure the Furthur Forum was/is very distracting to them and their lives.

Give me a break....please.

I don't have strong feelings about it one way or another and think TP should do whatever he feels is best for this web site, but I think the people on this site are examples of people who love the music of the Grateful Dead and DSO and at the same time, are respectful and considerate of others around them. I do not feel that can be said for ANY other GD music site. That is a reason why I would rather come to this site, than any other, to see how peoples' show experiences were like at whatever GD influenced or not GD influenced show being discussed.

Archived