Max

maningreen

Guest crazy digits
6c2449a4.jpg

The "old boll weevil" has found his home!

Buddy...you and your dog are in good hands...This made me sad to read but I know it turns out right...peace and love, Bix

I have heard dogs can benefit from Reiki therapy quite a bit...had a colleague whose dog went to reiki for arthritis and it seemed to work quite well...now thats if you can find a canine reiki therapist!

http://healing.about.com/od/petcare_touch/a/reikidogs.htm

Our neighbor Melanie who unselfishly drove Max and I to the hospital attended every dr appt, stayed with him while I couldn't and who as all of you have done helped keep me reletively calm told me she paints artwork on Mondays with a woman who is a Reiki Therapist. I told her that you also recomended this for him. Too cool. Melanie is going to ask her if she will work with Max on Monday. I will keep you posted.

Max is doing so well. I am so proud of him. He can even run if he wants. Still no tongue function but we have adapted by eating a pate' (very messy but towels are spread out in his feeding area and it's not an issue) and he drinks more water than the Vet suggested via a gravity bottle. His equalibrium is all messed up especially after his naps and walks around like a drunk pirate for a short time but has improved every day. All in all he is a friggin miracle! Peace and thanks for your support. We are eternally Grateful.

Guest Lisacat
Our neighbor Melanie who unselfishly drove Max and I to the hospital attended every dr appt, stayed with him while I couldn't and who as all of you have done helped keep me reletively calm told me she paints artwork on Mondays with a woman who is a Reiki Therapist. I told her that you also recomended this for him. Too cool. Melanie is going to ask her if she will work with Max on Monday. I will keep you posted.

Max is doing so well. I am so proud of him. He can even run if he wants. Still no tongue function but we have adapted by eating a pate' (very messy but towels are spread out in his feeding area and it's not an issue) and he drinks more water than the Vet suggested via a gravity bottle. His equalibrium is all messed up especially after his naps and walks around like a drunk pirate for a short time but has improved every day. All in all he is a friggin miracle! Peace and thanks for your support. We are eternally Grateful.

Awesome! I'm curious to hear how the reiki works out if she's able to do it for him....

And I can sympathize with you on the feeding thing...we had a cat who got hit by a car and broke his lower jaw, lost tongue function, etc and we had to spoon feed him and feed him only soft food. Constant mess, food everywhere- we renamed him Frankencat. (he also had only 3 legs due to getting shot in the shoulder two years prior to that)....but the great thing is that Max is eating and hopefully that tongue function will return....

• Forum MVP

(((((((((( Healing Vibes for Max ))))))))))

I too have a special place in my heart for dogs. They are truly a special breed of animal. They are great companions to many of us. Being that he is eating and drinking water are really good sings. Wishing you the best in his recovery. Take care.

• 3 weeks later...

c35b6cba.jpge34845e8.jpge67f070a.jpg

Wow it has been only a month and two hours since Max took on that taxi and he is back to normal. The hospital wanted to put him down! Yall said give him time. Thanks for that. Max has gained all his weight back plus an extra pound. He is running, swimming and is back to ripping my sox off everytime I take my work boots off. LOL. He is still recovering and has a good wound healing on his head and we take lots of short walks vs his usual two mile excursions. All in all Max is back and to all those who have asked about him and have said a prayer or two, your healing vibes have helped beyond belief.

Oh and Lisa he did have a reiki session and he responded really will to it: rolling around positioning himself where he was hurting. It was amazing. Unfortunately his therapist has had health issues an is unable to practice at the moment. But we are all eager to continue with it.

Archived