Furthur 1/5/2010

Guest deadheadmike

They released some tickets for a show or multiple shows every day--or at least that's what's been happening every day since this new run of shows has started. I think it will continue till the last of this 10 pack.

They just had windows open for all the remaining shows at 9:00 west coast time tonight. Friend of mine got a ticket for tomorrow when the window again opened at around 10:00 too.

These shows are pretty sweet. You just drive to this swanky neighborhood and park next to the venue and walk into a room to see a 10 song set with people who are all like us--people who are there to LISTEN to music from some of our musical heroes.

Just a great feeling of like-minded people in one room--no drunks, no hassles, just fun and some really great music.

It's hard to picture myself going to a place like the Civic Center again.

I happened to be checking at 9:00 and just about fell out of my chair when all those red "buy tickets now" buttons came on!! So, my first choice was Sunday, as I wanted to be at the last Throckmorton show. I have a feeling it is going to be something special, being the last one at this beautiful hall and also since it is a benefit show (some paid $150 for tickets). I got one right away, and then made a big mistake. I continued shopping, trying to get the very last show at the masonic. Next thing I know, my shopping cart is empty!!!

:(

I then spent the next five minutes trying to get that one back, and finally did. By then, the Tuesday show was gone. Oh well, I'll be very happy seeing three shows (first Sunday, Thursday, and last Sunday). May very well get another show at the Masonic, but that will just be a nice bonus if it happens. I learned the hard way that the "continue shopping" option does not work. If you get a ticket in the cart--BUY IT IMMEDIATELY!!

You're absolutely right about the audience. it is such a great pleasure being among a small group of lucky people who really appreciate this music and are there to soak it in, rather than have a screaming conversation with their friends next to you. No pushing, no drunks, no talkers--It's just almost perfect!! The only thing I noticed is that with an audience of only a few hundred in a small room, you don't get that "larger than life" rock concert feel that can be so amazing when the band is really raging. I remember that amazing "roar" that happened at GD shows when things really got out of control. That's the only thing missing from these small shows.

"Currently at the rear of the Throckmorten , by myself listening to JK deliver a killer Comes a Time in soundcheck!!!!! "

Quoted from a member of another forum .

What time have the rehearsal shows been ending? Did they start on time? I'll be commuting from the Hayward area so I was a bit curious.

Thanks!

Kevin

• Forum MVP
Let's review....

wharf rat

stella

comes a time

I would see 30 average shows to see one show with one of these gems with jk singin...

Yes... the show I saw in Wallingford was amazing however it needed a ballad... IMO those were a lot like rehearsal shows as well.. They are now starting to figure things out.. I say this because John i starting to sing the ballads he should be.. Phil and Bob are obviously loving this you can tell by the look on their faces they are definitely being transported as we are when we see Dark Star Orchestra...

due to location it looks like I am only going to be able to make it to one show (I go to school in boston and am going to figure out how to get up to Amherst)... I really wish the Radio City shows were on the weekend so I could take a trip home and see them with my dad but they are of course on a Tuesday.. I am ranting now but it is only out of love for this band! Every show gets me more excited..

What time have the rehearsal shows been ending? Did they start on time? I'll be commuting from the Hayward area so I was a bit curious.

Thanks!

Kevin

It's been a bit unpredictable: they've come out about 8:10-8:25 pm for most rehearsals, but last night they came out right at 8:00, and on the 30th at the Civic they came out at 7:40. So I'd suggest being there on time, if possible (7:30).

They have been ending by 10 PM. Mill Valley has a no live music after 10 PM rule Sunday-Thursday. It'll be interesting to see if they play later Friday and Saturday???!!!

It's been a bit unpredictable: they've come out about 8:10-8:25 pm for most rehearsals, but last night they came out right at 8:00, and on the 30th at the Civic they came out at 7:40. So I'd suggest being there on time, if possible (7:30).

They have been ending by 10 PM. Mill Valley has a no live music after 10 PM rule Sunday-Thursday. It'll be interesting to see if they play later Friday and Saturday???!!!

Thanks, Robin! :)

Kevin

Two quick anecdotes from last night:

Comes A Time was absolutely brilliant, extremely moving, gorgeous! Phil appeared to be in heaven (like many of us) during the song and at the end of it, he blew John a kiss on stage. :wub:

Then at the end of the rehearsal encore, JK was all set to leave the stage but looked around to see if anyone was there. Phil was looking at him and they met in the middle of the stage for a fist bumb. Very cute and heartwarming. Loved it!

I feel like i've been dreaming now for over a week. The music is perfect. The dance floor is dry and forgiving. The alcohol is virtually nonexistent. The crowd is blissed. Plenty of dance space right up front. It really is a dream come true. I could not ask for more and the 14 night run is only half way through. 7 more nights of this.....i don't even know what to say...I could not ask for more....Thank you!

• Forum MVP
Two quick anecdotes from last night:

Comes A Time was absolutely brilliant, extremely moving, gorgeous! Phil appeared to be in heaven (like many of us) during the song and at the end of it, he blew John a kiss on stage. :wub:

Then at the end of the rehearsal encore, JK was all set to leave the stage but looked around to see if anyone was there. Phil was looking at him and they met in the middle of the stage for a fist bumb. Very cute and heartwarming. Loved it!

WOW, chills...

a bit off topic, so i apologize ahead of time. i'm wanting to take my friend do her first "dead" show in chicago. what has the scalping situation been like thus far?

Guest deadheadmike
I'm really looking forward to the Left Coast backyard shows...and we have a decent venue or two here also. :P

This is a good one !!!

sam_boyd_stadium.gif

• Forum MVP
this might be true. but being unemployed for the last 6 months and scraping by as it is. should i be denied the experience?

Given that scenario, I would say maybe the miracle (or at least a face value transaction) is a better call for several reasons, especially compared to feeding the scalpers.

Namaste, and God speed...

Archived