Spring Tour

Robin

Guest deadheadmike
Yes he Does!

Holy Smokes !!! :D Thanks TR !!! you even made it a permanent emoticon , thats so funny ... I kinda feel like I just won a golden globe or something ... I am honored , but the truth is , no one ROCKS more than you , Sir ... Thanks for giving us all such a fun place to hang !!!

DSO Forum ROCKS !!!

Wednesday. April 7, 2010

Aspen, CO

@ Belly Up - Aspen, CO

Friday. April 9, 2010 - Saturday. April 10, 2010

Boulder, CO

@ Boulder Theater - Boulder, CO

Friday. April 16, 2010

Portland, OR

@ Crystal Ballroom - Portland, OR

Saturday. April 17, 2010

Seattle, WA

@ Showbox - Seattle, WA

Thursday. April 22, 2010

Reno, NV

@ Knitting Factory - Reno, NV

Friday. April 23, 2010 - Saturday. April 24, 2010

San Franisco, CA

@ Regency Grand Ballroom - San Francisco, CA

Wednesday. April 28, 2010

Los Angeles, CA

@ El Rey - Los Angeles, CA

Friday. April 30, 2010 - Saturday. May 1, 2010

Solana Beach, CA

@ Belly Up - Solana Beach, CA

Two nights in SF...sweet! Friday, the 23rd of April, is the last day of my second term in school, so this will be a great way to relax and celebrate! :)

Kevin

Guest deadheadmike
they will probably do two in la and one in san diego.

You think another El Rey on the 29th and possibly the Wave House in SD on Sun the 2nd ???

Guest deadheadmike
That's not exactly what I was referring to, but on the topic at hand, I'd guess LA and SD/Solano are fixed, so maybe Anaheim. Time will tell soon enough...

Anaheim HoBs would fit perfect right between the 28th and 30th ... good call , Chuck !!!

and its a 2 night run in Solano ... Good Stuff !!!

Guest Lisacat
I hear we maybe going back to Sin City for a night because of the outstanding efforts of two loyal fans who live there...ok one loyal fan and one guy who needs some special help....we will see....Dr. V

one who needs help? Really Pres?

so.....Stu Allen this spring? :rolleyes:;)

I highly doubt Stu will be playing w/ DSO. Based on an interview w/ Rob B. and Rob E's past facebook status, original tunes are on the horizon. JM has been involved in that. I think (my opinion) JM is here to stay.

Stu is living in St. Louis and is involved w/ The Schwag (I think they have recently changed their name to Dead Ahead). He has recruited Jimmy T. (bass and leader of The Schwag) to play bass w/ JGB.

edit after posting: I decided to look at The Schwag message board and spotted this post on a thread about Nate (keyboardist) quiting The Schwag:

El Guapo

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 01:59 AM Post #44

Gold Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 5,598

Did not see this thread. Heard Nate has posted to FB.

Nate has left the band to work on his original music. A great guy and a decision many artists make when they are in a tribute band. Cannon has given us his 30 day notice that he will also be leaving to do the same, he also will be missed. Their departure is something I respect, totally understand and wish them all the best. Playing in a tribute band is fun but the lure to make original music tends to be a very strong need in artists and they need to go and pursue that passion when it calls them. And obviously with Stu going to Dark Star this puts the band already in restructure mode and it is a good time for Nate and Cannon to make the move to full time Messy because that is the sound financial move as we will certainly have a dry phase just finding someone who can fill Stu's very big shoes.

I personally have really enjoyed the run we had with these great musicians and wish them all the best in 2010. And I plan on being quite a nuisance on DSO tour and expect to be banned from the tour within the year. Been trying to convince Stu what a good guitar tech I would be. He is not buying it.

Summer for Camp Zoe is looking like fun with a season pass on sale date of Jan 22. We plan on offering a special discounted rate for the first couple weeks of the season pass on sale.

Look for more info on 2010 Camp Zoe Season Passes coming out soon. And keep supporting live music in your community.

El Guapo

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 01:59 AM Post #44

Gold Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 5,598

Did not see this thread. Heard Nate has posted to FB.

Nate has left the band to work on his original music. A great guy and a decision many artists make when they are in a tribute band. Cannon has given us his 30 day notice that he will also be leaving to do the same, he also will be missed. Their departure is something I respect, totally understand and wish them all the best. Playing in a tribute band is fun but the lure to make original music tends to be a very strong need in artists and they need to go and pursue that passion when it calls them. And obviously with Stu going to Dark Star this puts the band already in restructure mode and it is a good time for Nate and Cannon to make the move to full time Messy because that is the sound financial move as we will certainly have a dry phase just finding someone who can fill Stu's very big shoes.

I personally have really enjoyed the run we had with these great musicians and wish them all the best in 2010. And I plan on being quite a nuisance on DSO tour and expect to be banned from the tour within the year. Been trying to convince Stu what a good guitar tech I would be. He is not buying it.

Summer for Camp Zoe is looking like fun with a season pass on sale date of Jan 22. We plan on offering a special discounted rate for the first couple weeks of the season pass on sale.

Look for more info on 2010 Camp Zoe Season Passes coming out soon. And keep supporting live music in your community.

• Forum MVP
I hear we maybe going back to Sin City for a night because of the outstanding efforts of two loyal fans who live there...ok one loyal fan and one guy who needs some special help....we will see....Dr. V

I was kind of getting into the three year cycle. It left time for resting up between shows.

• Forum MVP

I fully accept that Chuck Vegas needs some special help... and I will make sure I do everything in my power to provide guidance for him..

:wacko::unsure::blink:

• Forum VIP

I have to say Matt ...I see your Facebook updates and you are really moving in the right direction and I have to give you credit...keep it up and I hope to see the NEW you around the playground...as for Chuck well maybe his Yoga Twirling Classes will bring him inspiration also...Dr. V.

• Forum MVP

Since I don't hit as many shows as the old days (no shows since the west coast run last Oct) I think 3 of the 4 weekends in April I am all in...

It gives me 3 months to start the countdown

I am in:

Boulder - April 9th & 10th

Solana Beach - April 30th & May 1st

Then will decide if I do the Portland/Seattle or the San Fran weekend... leaning toward the Portland/Seattle.. I love the feel of that part of the country....

Archived