Stocks ?

Guest deadheadmike

Guest deadheadmike
NO, your not....my ass has been hurting for the last 24 hours....rough 24 hours

your not kiddin rough 24 ... anything past even , I'm OUT and not lookin back ... a point would be nice though .

• Forum MVP
NO, your not....my ass has been hurting for the last 24 hours....rough 24 hours

it only hurt if you sold.or bought more at the close yesterday ,there was a .60 gain on that today ,you made some of it back.a 45% gain in one day ain't bad.Deadhead Mike told me once n.y.s. when you think you can't handle it no more ,its time to buy ,& when you wanna buy ,its too late .Ain't that true Mike?

Guest deadheadmike
it only hurt if you sold.or bought more at the close yesterday ,there was a .60 gain on that today ,you made some of it back.a 45% gain in one day ain't bad.Deadhead Mike told me once n.y.s. when you think you can't handle it no more ,its time to buy ,& when you wanna buy ,its too late .Ain't that true Mike?

very true ... and you have to be able to hold on to your guts , but daaaaaaamn that was painful !!! :rofl:

• Forum MVP

sounds like coke to me....

Guest jazz-man

Last year when I was getting my slim little 401k bitch slapped I took my $$ outta the market because I was loosing 25% in value per year. And that's not coming back. And I put it into short term money market. I was only getting 2% or so but I had my first positive quarterly statement in 2 years or more. I am no financial whiz but I did get in the black. This might not be a good long term stategy but it works for now.

• Forum MVP
Last year when I was getting my slim little 401k bitch slapped I took my $$ outta the market because I was loosing 25% in value per year. And that's not coming back. And I put it into short term money market. I was only getting 2% or so but I had my first positive quarterly statement in 2 years or more. I am no financial whiz but I did get in the black. This might not be a good long term stategy but it works for now.

Not a good idea unless you are nearing retirement and need to protect what you have. Yesterday was not good, but like someone else said, I am not selling so it doesn't hurt yet.

Sorry, man, but I think that strategy is terrible. Both my 401k and some small mutual funds that I own gained around 45% in 2009. Sure, they're not quite back to where they were before the crisis, but I'm really glad I rode the rebound.

Sorry, man, but I think that strategy is terrible. Both my 401k and some small mutual funds that I own gained around 45% in 2009. Sure, they're not quite back to where they were before the crisis, but I'm really glad I rode the rebound.

Yup - back in March I started contributing heavily to my 401(k) feeling that the recovery would give me maybe 4 years' growth in the next year. Those investments have done well.

So way back when the S&L crisis hit, I had a 401k aqnd lost a lot of money really quickly. I did not like that feeling and began researching other ways to invest for my retirement. I continued to put money in my 401k up to what my company would match, but took the rest and began buying gold. I've been buying gold, mMapleleafs, Eagles ever since. Now back then gold was relativly cheep compared to today. So yes, I did miss out on the.com rise and fall of the 90's. I also in the mid 90's bought some land in Costa Rica which I have Teak trees growing. This was a 50K initial investment and if there are no big storms in the next 7 years, I will have a upper 6 figure or 7 fighure crop. I plan on replanting 1/2 my field and build a house down there in the next 10 years. My friends father worked at Goldman for a long time and took a 100,000,000 million buyout when he left before they went public. He told me one evening over some really good single malt and a nice Cuban cigar that the stock market is rigged and that most people who trade stocks will eventually get wiped out. I just don't have the stones to trade stock after that conversation. The one thing I do occasionally do is when I feel the market is overbought, I buy QQQQ puts. I bought some last week and I riding them down.

Good luck.

Archived