The Current Location Of Tiger

Blindman

So perhaps everyone knows this but I'm having coffee this morning, reading the current issue of Sports Illustrated and there's an article about Jim Irsay who is the current owner of the Colts. Now I remember when Jerry's guitars were divided up and all of the drama that came along with it. What I did not know is who the anonymous purchaser of Tiger happened to be through the auction.

Well lo and behold, there's Irsay in SI standing next to Tiger in a guitar case with a little plaque on the case referencing Jerry. The story about Irsay was pretty cool and it sounds like the guitar is in the hands of a guy that at least "gets" it. He also purchsed the original manuscript for On The Road for a cool $2.4MM. He donated that manuscript to the Univ of Indiana library.

Maybe Tiger can make its way to UC Santa Cruz before long....

I was actually just logging on to post about him owning Tiger,I read about it a couple of weeks ago while looking at Jerry's equipment online.I have to say that being from Maryland the thought of Tiger in the hands of an Irsay is somewhat sickening

i remember, at Jerry Day, in SF, a few years back, seeing Irwin show up with said Tiger...super kewlio to be an arms reach from the magic wand...

It's Irsay, not Irwin, and this is cool sh*t! I live in Indy and did not know this. I have never been a huge Irsay fan, but this changes everything!!! KARMA baby!!! COLTS are SUPER BOWL BOUND!

• Forum MVP

Current Owner

Jim Irsay

Indianapolis Colts Owner

Jim Irsay made the winning bid at the Guernsey Auction May 8, 2002 at $850,000, but with "Buyer's Commission" paid $957,500 for Tiger.

irsay.jpg

Lucky, rich bastard! But obviously a cool dude. That's it, I'm pulling for the Colts too.... :cheers:

Archived