Furthur: Radio City Music Hall!..

VincentPuleo

YOW--that's a lot of knobs!!

Can you explain the configuration of all of these? My first guess was that there are a certain number of knobs for each string+ a couple for all of them together. However, it doesn't seem to work out evenly for all four strings that way.

I don't know for sure what they all do. Standard Alembic electronics include Superfilters, basically semi-parametric EQs with a frequency knob, boost knob, blend knob. I'd guess that there's a high and low superfilter for each pickup, plus probably a pickup blend or pan of some sort, a volume knob, and god knows what else. It also had a quadraphonic output so each string could be sent to it's own output and got it's own speaker stack in the Wall of Sound. He didn't use it a lot but when he did it was pretty cool.

Here's Phil struggling to remember as well. :lol: I wish somebody had gotten a closeup pic when these labels were on there.

29219.jpg

ae65c789.jpg

When I Paint My Masterpiece

Talk about a distracting light show. In my opinion the show was just ok. JK and Phil were at it all night with the tempo. The mix didn't have enough drums for most of the night. Dear Mr. Fantasy and Hey Jude jam was by far the most technically sound played arrangement. Good time had by all, hopefully more energy tonight. Would have liked to have seen what DSO would have done with that venue!

Where is that picture from Rusty? He needs to break that out again!..

Oh yeah, they had a Wall Of Sound backdrop last night at one point...

I don't recall. Some P&F show out west I think, apparently in 2006. He also breaks it out for the Caution jam on the P&F DVD that's been released - it's the most recent lineup with Larry Campbell and Joan Osborne with John Schofield sitting in. He picks it up to do some feedback, but then plays the Caution riff on it also for the whole jam. Sounds fantastic!

Archived