Back In Saudi Arabia.

Guest jazz-man

Guest jazz-man

Due to terrible financial difficulties (mostly brought on by a one-sided divorce settlement) I have returned to Saudi Arabia to work in the same hospital I was at from '95-'99. It was that or be foreclosed on and maybe have to declare bankrupcy. The worst part of this escapade is that I will be away from my wonderful 7 1/2 year old son Crosby. I will see him this summer on vacation in August (hint to the band, play Portland, OR in August) but that doesn't take the place of being with my son. It's a shitty situation but I am determined to make the best of it and channel my inner Ghandi. I just hope when I come out of the other side of the tunnel that my ex will return joint custody to me since she's "not sure at this time".

• Forum MVP

Dude, at least you're not throwin' up the white flag, declaring bankruptcy and living off of our tax dollars - that takes balls. Not being around your son has got to be a killer and hopefully this will be one of those sacrifices you look back on in 20 years with pride. Better yet, maybe your son will look back on this sacrifice and be proud of his Dad. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like you've got the fortitude to make it through, hang in there bro.

(((((((((((jazz-man))))))))))))))

• Forum MVP

Due to terrible financial difficulties (mostly brought on by a one-sided divorce settlement) I have returned to Saudi Arabia to work in the same hospital I was at from '95-'99. It was that or be foreclosed on and maybe have to declare bankrupcy. The worst part of this escapade is that I will be away from my wonderful 7 1/2 year old son Crosby. I will see him this summer on vacation in August (hint to the band, play Portland, OR in August) but that doesn't take the place of being with my son. It's a shitty situation but I am determined to make the best of it and channel my inner Ghandi. I just hope when I come out of the other side of the tunnel that my ex will return joint custody to me since she's "not sure at this time".

Sorry to hear this. Hang in there and make sure to keep in constant contact with your son. Take care while you are away.

Guest jazz-man

As soon as I get internet access at my apartment I'll be doing the Skype thing with my boy. I can't wait to see him that way!

Tonight DSO is playing in Portland and I'm not there. I'd rather see my son but DSO is 2nd in line.

Archived