The Other One Jam ->

Me And My Uncle ->

The Other One ->

Not Fade Away ->

Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad ->

Not Fade Away

Live pics and updates here

• Forum MVP

It was a monsterrr!!! I'll post a review about the performance, venue, and personal experience in the near future... we'll see how early i wake up before work. But right now the vapors are calling my name so i can lull myself off to sleep.

Just a quick note though, they did not play dire wolf at the end of the first set.

• Forum MVP

filler was hard to handle,

As was the Nitrous Mafia which camped their sorry asses right outside the doors during set break... and after the show.If you think they're alot of tanks at the E-Factory... it pales in comparision as to what was going on there last night in plain sight.It just doesn't look good for the band... and our scene that after everything is packed up and gone.... the street is littered with a plethora of balloons.Other than that the venue was small (600 cap)intimate...and the sound was right on.It was great seeing everyone....another fascinating experience.

As for the music... all I can say is WOW!!!!I'll try and post a detailed review after I arrive at work.Peace.

Only 14 songs in the first set and 12 in the second, plus the filler? Are you sure you don't have Restless Leg Syndrome instead?

its not the number of songs, chuck, its how they're played.....you know that ;)

had a great time at the show. soooo needed to dance.

the only problem was the nitrous mafia after the show. it was disgusting. right outside the theater.

that and watching steve almost get run over

OK here goes, my best shot. The show took me up and brought me down turned me around so I could touch the ground. From psycheldelic jams straight into cowboy tunes this show was everything and then some. The set list in Dead Base has a Caution Uncle John's, and the Dire Wolf first set closer previously mentioned, we did not get. What do I remember the most.....The Good Lovin, thank you Rob you were on the beat. Cumberland was kick ass. GDTRFB always one of my favorites. I love Kevin's 4 string bass and I was directly under it most of the show. There is something about the vibration from it that seems deeper than the six string. I am not so musically inclined but it's how I feel when it's being played. HARD TO HANDLE, absolutely left me aching. Everyone's voices are back and Jeff was singing my blues away.

The venue reminded me of what an acid test would have been like. Unfortunately I never was at one but I can imagine it woud have been something like this. Small little room on an obscure street in Brooklyn. When we got there there wasn't even a sign up saying who was playing. We walked in before sound check looking for will call. Was told come back later. Cool temperature wise and scene wise. Great crowd allot of familar faces, friends from now and then and perhaps tomorrow.

So I am hoping since we got robbed of the Caution last night we will see one tonight......fingers crossed.

I would write more but I got a chiropractor appointment in 20 minutes and I haven't even showered. Need to adjust this old back, ouch!

Love and Peace,

Kris

• Forum MVP

its not the number of songs, chuck, its how they're played.....you know that wink.gif

Well do I know...quality has a quantity all its own! The dance marathons always leave me rode hard and hung up wet in the best possible way. They shoot horses, don't they? grouphug.gif

Hey now!

Good to be back. :D

Last night's show: galacticly refreshing!!!

I'm refreshed to know that the band not only hasn't missed a beat but also has expanded that beat with Jeff Mattson. I'm refreshed and reinvigorated by the new nuances I'm experiencing through the music and our community. I'm refreshed, grateful and thankful to have a pastime, band and community that allow me to vibrantly (vitally) experience musical highs for the past thirty-eight years. I am blessed!!!

It was refreshing to see how much hard work, passion and deadication DSO puts into its craft. I try to apply the same ethic to all that I do, and my coming to shows reconfirms, restores and refreshes these values.

At times last night my mind wandered between what it must have been like back then and how GRATE it feels now. Rarely can music/ a band successfully bridge the two seamlessly. DSO not only does it but also provides the creativity and energy that opens a string of other life possibilities.

The first set was an awesome prelude to the second, and if those "jams" could be packaged commercially, Smuckers, Polaners, and Welch's would be put out of business!

Thank you DSO and community for a truly beautiful night and experience. One of the best shows I ever experienced of any band in my life. AMAZING!!!

Keep on keeping on.

Peace,

Jersey Steve

• Forum MVP

It wasFanTastic to SEE you at the show last night Steve ,brings back memories of years gone by & too see you're doing well its just great to see .Don't be a stranger .I can't add anymore to whats been said other then seeing this band a few times on this tour everything has been EPIC!!!The space jam out of truckin last night was just truely amazin then we're brought back to reality with a me & my uncle ( 5th I,ve seen on this run) a tune that at one time in my life was get it over with & move on to the next .This guys are ripping it and they give it such a new feel .It was great seeing Brian again(found the sound).Younger heads that know how to act and are into the scene for the music ,jorden & Torin would dig Brian if you guys ever meet. Leaving now for westbury,hopefully the crossbronx ain't to bad .Yanks are out of town .Last one on the tour I think . who knows about tomorrow.(VInce & Sue ) remember the mountain jam mess!!!

• Forum MVP

I'm still dancing. Thank you DSO.

I'm still dancing and I forgot to fall asleep. The show last night was unbelievable. I am truly honored to have witnessed this show and I want to thank the band for pulling off such incredible endeavours. What DSO is doing right now is a dream come true for me.... While I'd love to be in westbury tonight I'm satisfied and exhausted. Have fun everyone, see you at the Ledges!!!

• Forum MVP

Hey now!

Good to be back. :D

Last night's show: galacticly refreshing!!!

I'm refreshed to know that the band not only hasn't missed a beat but also has expanded that beat with Jeff Mattson. I'm refreshed and reinvigorated by the new nuances I'm experiencing through the music and our community. I'm refreshed, grateful and thankful to have a pastime, band and community that allow me to vibrantly (vitally) experience musical highs for the past thirty-eight years. I am blessed!!!

It was refreshing to see how much hard work, passion and deadication DSO puts into its craft. I try to apply the same ethic to all that I do, and my coming to shows reconfirms, restores and refreshes these values.

At times last night my mind wandered between what it must have been like back then and how GRATE it feels now. Rarely can music/ a band successfully bridge the two seamlessly. DSO not only does it but also provides the creativity and energy that opens a string of other life possibilities.

The first set was an awesome prelude to the second, and if those "jams" could be packaged commercially, Smuckers, Polaners, and Welch's would be put out of business!

Thank you DSO and community for a truly beautiful night and experience. One of the best shows I ever experienced of any band in my life. AMAZING!!!

Keep on keeping on.

Peace,

Jersey Steve

Awesome to see you!!!!!! Glad your doing so well....

(just a thought, bt wind is the best Bobby song by leaps and bounds)

• Forum MVP

Drove into the city and took the GWB and BQE and we didn't have any problems finding the place or parking. I was afraid me and my brother wee a little late cause we got there at about 8:15 but we even had time to take a piss and get a good spot for the first set. Spotted nwnj Steve and Kieu and it was great to chat with both of them for a little while. Steve is the man and Kieu is just such a sweet person. Also met Dancin on a Pin and New York Steve briefly and they also had good energy. Anyways, It's so nice to meet some of the members of this board and I'd love to meet up with y'all again at the next DSO show. And Thank you for the kind words nwnj Steve. I really do come to the shows for the music because it is my biggest passion by far. I literally live and work just so I can get my GD and DSO fix. You're all a great bunch of people as well and I love meeting people who are just as passionate about this music as me. I know I'm young (21 in september) for this scene but my heart is in the right place and music means so much to me. So thank you to everyone who makes this whole thing go round.

GSET was done in a very 72 fashion. Didn't have that extended jam with Lisa wailing at the end but it was ripping and roaring anyway. Sugaree was filled with moments of delicate bliss and Jeff's vocals and leads sounded fantastic. Chinatown Shuffle was a fun dancing ditty. New York Steve, I agree that BTW is one of the best bobby songs by far and Rob does it so well. It's melodies are so groovy and that end jam is just so climatic. Tennessee Jed may have been the highlight of the first set for me. That song was on fire, had really great moments of blinding brilliance. Mr. Charlie is always fun. I fucking love those Pigpen tunes. So dirty and fun to dance to. Rob B knows how to do it! BIODTL was superb and executed to perfection. The China>Rider was unbelievable as always. The transitional jam had some really great moments and Rob's guitar work was sooo awesome. And then that Rider was just exploding with energy (especially during the Northbound Train part.) Mexicali Blues is one of my favorite cowboy songs to sing and dance to. Jeff tore up that Loser as well which was another highlight of the first set for me. Next Time You See Me is a great 72 tune that I love to hear. Playing in the Band was just so cosmic. The jam went up, down, and all around just how I like it and the reprise at the end brought us all back to earth and was a great way to end the first set. Overall, maybe the most solid first set I've ever seen DSO do considering the quality and quantity of songs.

Me and my brother went to the upstairs balcony for the beginning of the second set and we had sooooo much dancing room. We we're going bonkers up there, having so much fun. I literally had about a 7 foot radius of dancing room all for myself. I was getting down with my bad self. The second set opened up with that old school Good Lovin' and Rob B was channelling Pigpen so hard. Everyone in the band was playing so well off of each other. I thought my head was going to explode during Cumberland Blues. That's one of my favorites! More great chemistry by the band and Jeff was smoking everyone in that room. El Paso was some more cowboy fun. Deal was really solid as well. Truckin' had me reeling and rolling and then we moved back down stairs during the jam. That Jam was really unbelievable. The communication and amazing musicianship. My mind was really blown. I kept hearing Other One teases and then they jumped into MAMU which had my feet really moving again and then exploded into The Other One. It was short and sweet but really effective and powerful. Kevin was blowing me away. And then that NFA>GDTRFB>NFA was out of this world. The band was busting at the seams during Going Down the Road. The Hard to Handle was also really impressive and gave Rob B just one more shining moment.

Rob K was showing the drum kit who's boss all night long. He really tore it up and I gave him lotsa props for keeping the beat all night long. I don't think enough can be said about Rob B that night. Rob E, Kevin, and Jeff all play so well off of each other. They have really great synergy and know where to take these jams. and Lisa, it's such a pleasure to hear her sing every time. What a phenomenal 72 setlist. I feel really blessed to have been at this show. The band was on fire all night long and there was never a dull moment. And that venue was really awesome. I'd love to see DSO there again...

• Forum MVP

Drove into the city and took the GWB and BQE and we didn't have any problems finding the place or parking. I was afraid me and my brother wee a little late cause we got there at about 8:15 but we even had time to take a piss and get a good spot for the first set. Spotted nwnj Steve and Kieu and it was great to chat with both of them for a little while. Steve is the man and Kieu is just such a sweet person. Also met Dancin on a Pin and New York Steve briefly and they also had good energy. Anyways, It's so nice to meet some of the members of this board and I'd love to meet up with y'all again at the next DSO show. And Thank you for the kind words nwnj Steve. I really do come to the shows for the music because it is my biggest passion by far. I literally live and work just so I can get my GD and DSO fix. You're all a great bunch of people as well and I love meeting people who are just as passionate about this music as me. I know I'm young (21 in september) for this scene but my heart is in the right place and music means so much to me. So thank you to everyone who makes this whole thing go round.

GSET was done in a very 72 fashion. Didn't have that extended jam with Lisa wailing at the end but it was ripping and roaring anyway. Sugaree was filled with moments of delicate bliss and Jeff's vocals and leads sounded fantastic. Chinatown Shuffle was a fun dancing ditty. New York Steve, I agree that BTW is one of the best bobby songs by far and Rob does it so well. It's melodies are so groovy and that end jam is just so climatic. Tennessee Jed may have been the highlight of the first set for me. That song was on fire, had really great moments of blinding brilliance. Mr. Charlie is always fun. I fucking love those Pigpen tunes. So dirty and fun to dance to. Rob B knows how to do it! BIODTL was superb and executed to perfection. The China>Rider was unbelievable as always. The transitional jam had some really great moments and Rob's guitar work was sooo awesome. And then that Rider was just exploding with energy (especially during the Northbound Train part.) Mexicali Blues is one of my favorite cowboy songs to sing and dance to. Jeff tore up that Loser as well which was another highlight of the first set for me. Next Time You See Me is a great 72 tune that I love to hear. Playing in the Band was just so cosmic. The jam went up, down, and all around just how I like it and the reprise at the end brought us all back to earth and was a great way to end the first set. Overall, maybe the most solid first set I've ever seen DSO do considering the quality and quantity of songs.

Me and my brother went to the upstairs balcony for the beginning of the second set and we had sooooo much dancing room. We we're going bonkers up there, having so much fun. I literally had about a 7 foot radius of dancing room all for myself. I was getting down with my bad self. The second set opened up with that old school Good Lovin' and Rob B was channelling Pigpen so hard. Everyone in the band was playing so well off of each other. I thought my head was going to explode during Cumberland Blues. That's one of my favorites! More great chemistry by the band and Jeff was smoking everyone in that room. El Paso was some more cowboy fun. Deal was really solid as well. Truckin' had me reeling and rolling and then we moved back down stairs during the jam. That Jam was really unbelievable. The communication and amazing musicianship. My mind was really blown. I kept hearing Other One teases and then they jumped into MAMU which had my feet really moving again and then exploded into The Other One. It was short and sweet but really effective and powerful. Kevin was blowing me away. And then that NFA>GDTRFB>NFA was out of this world. The band was busting at the seams during Going Down the Road. The Hard to Handle was also really impressive and gave Rob B just one more shining moment.

Rob K was showing the drum kit who's boss all night long. He really tore it up and I gave him lotsa props for keeping the beat all night long. I don't think enough can be said about Rob B that night. Rob E, Kevin, and Jeff all play so well off of each other. They have really great synergy and know where to take these jams. and Lisa, it's such a pleasure to hear her sing every time. What a phenomenal 72 setlist. I feel really blessed to have been at this show. The band was on fire all night long and there was never a dull moment. And that venue was really awesome. I'd love to see DSO there again...

nice review bro....It was an epic show indeed. :cheers:

Archived