Sunday Night Mann Music Center

Guest crazy digits

• Forum MVP

easily the best furthur show I have seen. jk was on fire tonight.

amen. my 5th and by far the best.

[Write a Review]

I: Jam > Feel Like a Stranger, Shakedown Street > Alligator, Money for Gasoline, Magnolia Mountain, Lost Sailor > Saint of Circumstance, In the Midnight Hour

II: Mountains of the Moon > St. Stephen > Blues for Allah > At a Siding > Terrapin Flyer > Let It Grow, Morning Dew, Unbroken Chain > The Wheel, Not Fade Away

E: Brokedown Palace

Stranger>shakedown was a smokin opener. It was definitely interesting hearing JK sing alligator, he made some sounds with his voice that I've never heard previously. 'money for gasoline' must have been the "spin the wheel" song....must be ratdog material, not so much my cup of tea, but hey, it's Bob Weir....I've grown to like Magnolia Mnt quite a bit, of course i'm going to like any song JK sings with furthur. Sailor>saint was good but nowhere near as tight and precise as DSO's renditions. Midnight hour was off to the bathroom for me to empty the tank and re-load the water. The second set was really something special. The mountains of the moon was really cool...in between each verse they would space out so far that I would totally forget what they were playing until they went back into the verse. I guess if any song this is a good one for phil to sing....I'll rate his performance of it as "not that offensive". I really dug the whole blues for allah>terrapin, so sick! this was truly a musical display right here, and to go right into Let it grow was awesome. Nothing needs to be said of the dew, you know how good it was. bobby butchered brokedown, oh well, can't win em all.

Small wheel turn by the fire and rod

Big wheel turn by the grace of God

Everytime that wheel turn round

bound to cover just a little more ground

amen.

and by the way, anyone who is going to take this review as an insult or as disrespect to DSO, well, don't. If you know me then you know i'm a starhead! peace :D

• Forum MVP

Heard this was a great show... Very similar list to the second night Brooklyn... This tour it looks as if the second night in the favorite cities were the place to be (where both Blues For Allah and Morning Dew were played)..

• Forum MVP

Heard this was a great show... Very similar list to the second night Brooklyn... This tour it looks as if the second night in the favorite cities were the place to be (where both Blues For Allah and Morning Dew were played)..

My guess is that Jill must be in better moods in those situations.

Bags unpacked, less stressed and all that.

• Forum MVP

The nitrous tanks were everywhere in the lot :icon13: and the crowd was a little more tipsy than I'm comfortable with these days , not horribly drunk but right on the edge ... the lot scene was very reminiscent of the late 80's and 90's east coast shows , fun if your there for the party ... it would be a good move for SOBER people to head for their car during Phil's donor rap , catch the encore on the way to the car and get out of the area before the lights go up , the lot was insane after the show ...

• Forum MVP

The nitrous tanks were everywhere in the lot :icon13: and the crowd was a little more tipsy than I'm comfortable with these days , not horribly drunk but right on the edge ... the lot scene was very reminiscent of the late 80's and 90's east coast shows , fun if your there for the party ... it would be a good move for SOBER people to head for their car during Phil's donor rap , catch the encore on the way to the car and get out of the area before the lights go up , the lot was insane after the show ...

I don't get the No2 obsession, I mean there are a lot more interesting substances out there than nitrous.... (Just a thought from one of those sober people)

• Forum MVP

I don't get the No2 obsession, I mean there are a lot more interesting substances out there than nitrous.... (Just a thought from one of those sober people)

I don't get it either ... and I re-learned a good lesson on sat , travel with sober people or travel alone so I don't have to wait for people that want the party to go on forever and be subject to that sort of BS ... it sounds shitty , but a person has got to stick with their own kind in order to maintain a good comfort level ...

• Forum MVP

I don't get it either ... and I re-learned a good lesson on sat , travel with sober people or travel alone so I don't have to wait for people that want the party to go on forever and be subject to that sort of BS ... it sounds shitty , but a person has got to stick with their own kind in order to maintain a good comfort level ...

I hear you Mike. A friend of mine who was in Philly last Saturday mentioned yesterday that the scene was full of tanks and balloons. It's interesting to me how dark the No2 energy feels to me compared to other, more lysergic, indulgences floating around the lot scene.

• Forum MVP

It's interesting to me how dark the No2 energy feels to me compared to other, more lysergic, indulgences floating around the lot scene.

I can't say that I have never inhaled, but I agree with that assessment 110%...

• Forum MVP

I hear you Mike. A friend of mine who was in Philly last Saturday mentioned yesterday that the scene was full of tanks and balloons. It's interesting to me how dark the No2 energy feels to me compared to other, more lysergic, indulgences floating around the lot scene.

" dark " is a perfect description of the No2 scene , much different than the psychedelic scene ...

I can't say that I have never inhaled, but I agree with that assessment 110%...

I can't say that I've never inhaled either ...

• Forum MVP

I know this is painting with a pretty broad brush, and is akin to following the rainbows to see the unicorns, but N2O for N2O's sake always seemed to me to be a pretty nihilistic activity, whereas the psychedelic chase at least had the notion or premise of serving a higher cause. No pun intended. And after a month or so of heavy-duty time in either scene you still needed a bath and some clean clothes...

• Forum MVP

I could be mistaken but I don't think the people selling nitrous at dead shows are deadheads....pretty sure they just know where to go to make a profit- a fat one at that. I personally don't do the stuff, have, but it really isn't that great and I don't want to support the people who are selling it. :icon13: with no2.

• Forum MVP

I could be mistaken but I don't think the people selling nitrous at dead shows are deadheads....pretty sure they just know where to go to make a profit- a fat one at that.

I think so too !!! we must be a little bit spoiled by the DSO scene where most if not all in attendance are there to dance and enjoy the music ... not that there aren't many people at Furthur just to enjoy the music , but an element that was wearing down the scene back in the day seems to be back , on the east coast at least ...

The NO2 at the 2009 Dead shows at the Spectrum was insane. I went with a friend who is a big drinker but never done any drugs and when we got to "that" corner of the lot, it was an eerie place indeed. Balloons were everywhere just completely covering the ground. On the way into the show there were people lined up at the first aid stations who had either passed out flat on their faces or gotten into fights.

I just don't get it and it really creeped my friend out.

• Forum MVP

You can always tell the Junior Varsity team by the people who are doing Nitrous balloons while standing up.

I used to try to get these people to sit down all the time.

I like N2O...but the nitrous scene can get ugly real quick.

Haven't done a balloon in15 years.

I guess I'll weigh in and fess up on the subject...we used to take a dispenser and individual cartridges stuffed in our boots(circa) 1977....Standing in front of jerry with the prerequisite psychedelic

buzz...no alcohol...and No2 was amazing...I had a super bowl sunday hang with Parish a couple years back and he was wondering where all those spent whippets on the floor came from post show... :)

ps....not proud that we didn't clean up our mess...

• Forum MVP

I guess I'll weigh in and fess up on the subject...we used to take a dispenser and individual cartridges stuffed in our boots(circa) 1977....Standing in front of jerry with the prerequisite psychedelic

buzz...no alcohol...and No2 was amazing...I had a super bowl sunday hang with Parish a couple years back and he was wondering where all those spent whippets on the floor came from post show... :)

I'm certainly not saying I didn't inhale, I'm saying there were bigger and better things that got my full attention...

• Forum MVP

I took one of those dispensers into one of the MSG '88 shows one night and pulled it out with Thinman for the space while in some pretty good seats.

I recall being offered as much as $20.00 for a single whippet by the surrounding NY heads.

But we cleaned up Jon! :)

• Forum MVP

I've tried to avoid posting on this because those that know me - know that I have inhaled quite a few times, but what goes on in Philadelphia is not something I want to be apart of and is pretty disgusting. None of my friends supported that business.

• Forum MVP

okay, lets get back to the music...

speaking of music, where are the recordings for these shows?? I feel like every other furthur show is up on the archive...dso at allgood is sick, worth thelisten

Archived