Drums > Space

Miracle >

Visions of Johanna >

China > Rider

Encore

Ripple

Brokedown Palace

• Forum MVP

beautiful classic theater that was built in 1928 ...

nice crowd for a Sunday in the middle of the country part of Ohio... Newark is 45 minutes away from Columbus ...the staff and police were all very kind... no problems...

all the band members played hard and elevated eachother...

2nd set - Mystery Train !! .... are you kidding me ?!??

Foolish Heart turned into a sick monster jam...

First time seeing DSO with Jeff and I will simply say.... his singing is fine.. he sounds better to me than JK did..... true story on that

nice crowd for a Sunday in the middle of the country part of Ohio... Newark is 45 minutes away from Columbus ...the staff and police were all very kind... no problems...

First time seeing DSO with Jeff and I will simply say.... his singing is fine.. he sounds better to me than JK did..... true story on that

Thanks for the setlist and brief review. I could make the first set but, unfortuantely, had to leave at set break. It isn't often that you hear Chinatown Shuffle live :cheers: The band was rockin' out and almost everyone was dancing.

I totally agree with your comment regarding Jeff's vocals :icon14: He sounds great and adds an even more soulful goodness to the band. With that addition, the whole band seems to comfortably groove together even moreso than before... and I love it!

Thank you, DSO, for all the good music, good vibes and smiles :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

The "nice crowd" (about 25% of capacity with balcony) may have been an exaggeration but all else is true enough. Jeff is really feelin it........solid show especially considering the "historic" night before.

The general admission coupled with the theatre setting is a winning combo....IMHO

WV show is in a sweet venue....looking foward to it and today off.....I know DSO is making stronger because they haven't killed me yet as much as they try.

• Forum MVP

this was a really fun show, despite the sketchy cops and low turn out. The cops kept looking at us like we were just sooooo messed up and we were dead sober, getting high on the music, and I realized that they just didn't realize that hippies dance that hard to Dead music whether they are spaced out or not.... I mean come on, I don't have to be outta my head to space out on a psychedelic light show during Drums! eh, least they didn't mess with anyone, just created weird vibes.

Brokedown left me in tears because I realized that Ripple and Brokedown were the encores at the first 2 DSO shows I ever went to and as I contemplated the many roads I've come since I first left home, I couldn't help but ball my eyes out in the Deviled Egg's arms as we held each other and our souls melted together. Sooooo happy I am on my first DSO tour run, as opposed to just going to 3 or 4 shows in a row. Giggled hard when DSO pretended they were taking requests and played Foolish Heart, good one guys ;)

DUDE! Mystery Train!?!?!?! Hells yeah, that was our first live one and soooo fun!

When the show ended and the guy came up asking about where the Uncle John's reprise was and Eaton said, "We'll get right on that," we laughed really hard.

We are really sad we weren't there on Saturday, heard it woulda been one of our favorite shows ever. It was nice to see Rhythm Devils at Vibes that night, but we ended up leaving after because the Primus crowd was HORRIBLE (some kid was talking about "wish 311 was here" and "wow, that's a nice drum kit, dude who plays that must be awesome" and we had to explain that it was Mickey Hart (or MIKEY Hart as the Vibes program stated! lol) from the Grateful Dead and he still looked at us like we were speaking a different language, but they again, I guess we were. The front row crowd that night was ALL Primus fans that didn't even CLAP after the songs... lame sauce. Def woulda had more fun at DSO. Now we know :) (Duh!)

LOVE YA'LL!

My wife and I drive all over the place to see DSO and this concert was worth it, as usual. Opening with the laid-back Promised Land into Deep Elem Blues was great. Bird Song is always cool, Masterpiece, Help on the Way, and Slipknot in the first set are really sweet, and Stranger to end it all. Uncle John's was right on, and the Drums were great. That technology they use to loop sections of notes while they keep playing is really cool to hear when done right. China Rider, classic. And both American Beauty encore tunes were tops. Complaints from us are centered on the choice of venue. The pristine theater volunteers, with the average age of 75, have this strict policy of no drinks in the theater, so you're always thinking about skipping out to the lobby to chug a lukewarm beer offered up at the concession stand. The armed cops checking the crowd for the first set was eerie and hard to relax in. We ended up moving to the balcony, which offered great views and space. The main problem is the seats everywhere, and low attendance due to the middle-of-nowhere-factor on a Sunday. Maybe outside concerts have spoiled us. Jerry Week on Sirius 32 satellite radio.

• Forum MVP

My wife and I drive all over the place to see DSO and this concert was worth it, as usual. Opening with the laid-back Promised Land into Deep Elem Blues was great. Bird Song is always cool, Masterpiece, Help on the Way, and Slipknot in the first set are really sweet, and Stranger to end it all. Uncle John's was right on, and the Drums were great. That technology they use to loop sections of notes while they keep playing is really cool to hear when done right. China Rider, classic. And both American Beauty encore tunes were tops. Complaints from us are centered on the choice of venue. The pristine theater volunteers, with the average age of 75, have this strict policy of no drinks in the theater, so you're always thinking about skipping out to the lobby to chug a lukewarm beer offered up at the concession stand. The armed cops checking the crowd for the first set was eerie and hard to relax in. We ended up moving to the balcony, which offered great views and space. The main problem is the seats everywhere, and low attendance due to the middle-of-nowhere-factor on a Sunday. Maybe outside concerts have spoiled us. Jerry Week on Sirius 32 satellite radio.

Interesting......the vintage art deco theatres are my favorites for a DSO show.

• 5 months later...
Guest stringtownlance

All I can say is if you were not at this show-YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN. It would have been worth the drive or taking Monday off. Awesome original show. I usually HATE when people start screaming songs out from the crowd-To me that is disrespect to the band and the rest of the crowd. But some gal screams out Foolish Heart and Jeff proceeds to run with it. It turned out OK,with a wicked Foolish Jam in it. I still smile about that Mystery Train second set opener. OMG.

Thank you for a real good time!! :dsorocks:

Archived