• Forum MVP

November 12th and 13th: UIC Pavilion - Chicago, IL ... capacity 10,000

November 19th: DCU Center - Worcester, MA ... capacity 15,000

November 20th and 21st: Madison Square Garden, NYC ... capacity 20,000

z-spacer.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'll be damned...this seems like a BIG gamble for them, and they could either come out smelling like roses or wind up with serious egg on their faces. I'm not typically one for hyperbole, but I just don't see much in-between on this.

• Forum MVP

MSG - mail order today ... advanced purchase on Monday noon eastern and that would be 9:am for the west coasters ... I think the advanced purchase allocation will be sold out by 2:pm eastern or sooner ...

• Forum MVP

MSG - mail order today ... advanced purchase on Monday noon eastern and that would be 9:am for the west coasters ... I think the advanced purchase allocation will be sold out by 2:pm eastern or sooner ...

Tempted to do mail order but after last tour's debacle, i refuse. Will be ready on Monday....

Micheal-

We both know that a speedy advance sale of a portion of total tickets.....In no way indicates anything(except that a few thousand people are grabbing @ nostalgia & following the music back into the garden !)

It certainally doesn't mean that in todays poor economy there are 34,000 + deadheads(17,000+ times two nights, however you slice it)that will equal a back to back sell out !

Probably will follow the music back into the Garden myself....Just sayin'

Rob

• Forum MVP

Micheal-

We both know that a speedy advance sale of a portion of total tickets.....In no way indicates anything(except that a few thousand people are grabbing @ nostalgia & following the music back into the garden !)

It certainally doesn't mean that in todays poor economy there are 34,000 + deadheads(17,000+ times two nights, however you slice it)that will equal a back to back sell out !

Probably will follow the music back into the Garden myself....Just sayin'

Rob

If I have no other obligations, I will be at the garden. Let's not worry about a sell out. Jk is going to play the garden and fans of jk should be excited.

• Forum MVP

Couodn't resist. Got my tickets for both nights. Pretty good seats too.

I was actually a weeeeeee bit surprised at the amount of traffic on the ticketing site. Reminded of getting tickets for the Dead 09 tour.

Couodn't resist. Got my tickets for both nights. Pretty good seats too.

I was actually a weeeeeee bit surprised at the amount of traffic on the ticketing site. Reminded of getting tickets for the Dead 09 tour.

Dead'09 /any furthur tix.........all just a walk in the park compared to the headache of needing Grateful Dead tix after mailorder was sent out!

I've gotten spoiled thru DSO tickets....no hassles, just grate music :dsorocks:

Peace,

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be seeing Furthur (for the very first time) in St. Louis 11/11 and then the following 2 nights in Chicago...

!!!!CAN'T WAIT!!!!

This will also be my first time seeing Bobby and/or Phil play music LIVE, in the flesh...needless to say it's been long overdue.

Now then...where did I put that Bucket List...?

I'll be seeing Furthur (for the very first time) in St. Louis 11/11 and then the following 2 nights in Chicago...

!!!!CAN'T WAIT!!!!

This will also be my first time seeing Bobby and/or Phil play music LIVE, in the flesh...needless to say it's been long overdue.

Now then...where did I put that Bucket List...?

Enjoy that ride. I saw several Dead shows at the UIC Pavilion. Great venue. Welcome to the Club!

I saw Jerry open for Frank at UIC in August 1984, Got high as hell during a short one set Jerry show and then had to have my head fucked with for the next two hours by Frank and crew., needless to say the next time that year I saw Zappa I was straight as an arrow and laughed my ass off between his mind blowing solos! That was a strange parking lot scene before the UIC show with Jerry heads arguing about guitar playing masters with Zappa heads doing the same.

Wow. I had no idea Jerry opened for Frank. Never heard that one and it seems like an odd pairing. Would have loved to catch that.

I saw Jerry open for Frank at UIC in August 1984, Got high as hell during a short one set Jerry show and then had to have my head fucked with for the next two hours by Frank and crew., needless to say the next time that year I saw Zappa I was straight as an arrow and laughed my ass off between his mind blowing solos! That was a strange parking lot scene before the UIC show with Jerry heads arguing about guitar playing masters with Zappa heads doing the same.

I saw Uncle Frank in Boulder at the Events Center on 12/6/81. On 12/9/81 saw the Dead there. Needless to say I was not in attendance at school that whole week. That Zappa show was one of the top three shows I have ever seen. Wow ,17 years this December since his passing. He, like Jerry are sorely missed.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Nobody hit the spots like Frank did and his catalog was inexhaustable. Part of the preshow momentum for a Jerry or Frank show was the possibility of what was gonna be played and with artists like these two it was huge. "You are what you is , you ain't what your not" Yeah Frank came out after Jerry's set and asked everyone to please sit down because they were gonna be there for awhile.

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Nobody hit the spots like Frank did and his catalog was inexhaustable. Part of the preshow momentum for a Jerry or Frank show was the possibility of what was gonna be played and with artists like these two it was huge. "You are what you is , you ain't what your not" Yeah Frank came out after Jerry's set and asked everyone to please sit down because they were gonna be there for awhile.

As predicted, tix still on sale and shit loads on cl for face or below. Should have done the beacon...

with that said, I'll be there will bells on...

Guest crazy digits

As predicted, tix still on sale and shit loads on cl for face or below. Should have done the beacon...

with that said, I'll be there will bells on...

greedy fucks are what they are....

• Forum MVP

greedy fucks are what they are....

probably wasn't them, I suppose if someone said here's a million dollars, go run this hotel for a year in the North Pole, I would probably do it, just sayin...

I'm calling a Dylan appearance at one of these shows, was there in 94 when he came ouf for rainy day woman....

Archived