Rob Eaton

gr8fulpair

• Forum MVP

We need you back on here brother. Your presence is missed. I have been very impressed with the peace and comradeship on here the last several months. Not sure where it went, and really don't care, but seems the bullcrap has subsided. Completely understand your reasons for taking a break, just didn't want you to think it didn't matter to us fans whether you posted or not. The band seems hotter than EVER before and we'd love to celebrate that with you.

PS: Thanks for the KY and NC shows - they friggin' rocked!!!!

Guest jazz-man

I miss Rob posts a lot. It's rare to get an inside view of things and a timely 'heads up' for shows so travel/getting time off/babysitting, etc can be arranged. And we also got information "right from the horses mouth" . I truly wish that Rob will again grace our pages with his posts.

Years ago at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland, OR I heard that the backstage passes were pictures of Roger (Everybody's Favorite Santa who sadly passed away) who turned me on to DSO BTW. After the show Rob was chatting to a pretty gal yet took the time to show me the pass and say a few kind words about Roger. That was class and spoke volumes to me about what is inside Rob's heart. Not to mention I love his guitar playing! Lots of times I get on the rail and just watch his chording and strumming to see how it's done.

• Forum MVP

I miss Rob posts a lot. It's rare to get an inside view of things and a timely 'heads up' for shows so travel/getting time off/babysitting, etc can be arranged. And we also got information "right from the horses mouth" . I truly wish that Rob will again grace our pages with his posts.

Years ago at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland, OR I heard that the backstage passes were pictures of Roger (Everybody's Favorite Santa who sadly passed away) who turned me on to DSO BTW. After the show Rob was chatting to a pretty gal yet took the time to show me the pass and say a few kind words about Roger. That was class and spoke volumes to me about what is inside Rob's heart. Not to mention I love his guitar playing! Lots of times I get on the rail and just watch his chording and strumming to see how it's done.

med_gallery_12_16_1081354.jpg

santapass.pdf

• Forum MVP

Do you have to see eye-to-eye with all the members of your family? I sure as hell don't- in fact if I don't like their point of view, I express my opinion. I still respect them to a point, but I am not afraid to stand by what I believe to be right.

The DSO family is a melting pot of different backgounds, ideas, and experiences. We are a diverse group indeed. Hell, if Catherine Coulter likes the same music, you know we are an eclectic bunch. Here's my point:

Yes we disagree. Sometimes we incite. But we are all unified in our love and passion for the good 'ole GD! The community is a better place when Rob is an active participant. What a better deal than to dialogue with a master of his craft and gain insight to an unseen side of the DSO dynamic.

Come on back Rob. Not only are we better off with you here....somehow I think you are too.....

Guest jazz-man

Thanks so much looky! Great job.

I agree with Tea For Texas except the "incite" part. Maybe it's semantics but I try really hard to be at peace with all people (though there are a few guys on DNC that just will not be decent and they upset me a lot) and peace is the word. Also respect and love and understanding and appreciation and forgiveness and "turn-the-other-cheek", etc.

Do you have to see eye-to-eye with all the members of your family? I sure as hell don't- in fact if I don't like their point of view, I express my opinion. I still respect them to a point, but I am not afraid to stand by what I believe to be right.

The DSO family is a melting pot of different backgounds, ideas, and experiences. We are a diverse group indeed. Hell, if Catherine Coulter likes the same music, you know we are an eclectic bunch. Here's my point:

Yes we disagree. Sometimes we incite. But we are all unified in our love and passion for the good 'ole GD! The community is a better place when Rob is an active participant. What a better deal than to dialogue with a master of his craft and gain insight to an unseen side of the DSO dynamic.

Come on back Rob. Not only are we better off with you here....somehow I think you are too.....

:icon14:

• Forum MVP

Incite is the wrong word, I think... it has a negative connotation. I like posts that are geared toward starting a discussion, not ones that are designed to make someone angry.

Great thread by the way, and yes, Rob, please do join back up!

Incite was likely a poor choice of words. I think some healthy discussion coming from a good place is what makes communities great. Let us also remember that disagreeing about an opinion shouldn't be viewed as a personal attack either.

If someone is coming in just to piss another person off and not add anything substantive to the dialogue, they are much better off someplace else. :angry:

I think some healthy discussion coming from a good place is what makes communities great. Let us also remember that disagreeing about an opinion shouldn't be viewed as a personal attack either.

If someone is coming in just to piss another person off and not add anything substantive to the dialogue, they are much better off someplace else. :angry:

+1

It's a fine line with everything being so subjective to opinion and perspective...but yeah, counterproductive energy is exactly that, counterproductive....despite who's "right" and/or "wrong". And with music/art being so based on individualized taste anyway it tosses a level of perception into the equation that prevents a true "right" or "wrong"...it just IS. Which is why us music lovers and Deadheads in particular have such strong opinions and passions for what is "right" to us...with that said we must recognize that what's "right" for us is "wrong" for the some and that ultimately our underlying love for this music trumps all and unites us all despite our surface differences. I think this is what makes this community so very beautiful.

Remaining open minded and respectable to everyone's positions and views even if they differ from your own can certainly prove challenging at times. I'm personally allowing myself more time to get a good vibe of the forest before I go focusing on individual trees...so to speak. :rolleyes:

This is getting heady :mellow:

Archived