Dark Star

drums

space

Stella Blue

Turn On Your Love Light

Encore: Baby Blue

Filler: Cats Under the Stars

I'll elaborate on this more, but quick synopsis:

Good show, but really tough to beat the last show in Madison, which I believe was the longest one they've ever played. Pretty good crowd and everyone was really enthusiastic--they're always fun to see! Way more banter from the band than usual, too--coming off the huge win over Iowa, we had a bunch of congrats to the Badgers and then the focus turned to the Giants, who won!

Tennessee Jed and the Music Never Stopped back-to-back were the highlights for me--Jeff was going nuts on the guitar and it was simply superb. Also, my first time seeing HOTW > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower, and it was awesome!

• Forum MVP

Matt, you of course know they won a good one yesterday too. You should have been here and danced your way through the pain. More later, but i'll just say that the kind but firm dance police did me a favor by motivating me to dance in the lobby. Two words: hippie chicks.

Guest crazy digits

Matt, you of course know they won a good one yesterday too. You should have been here and danced your way through the pain. More later, but i'll just say that the kind but firm dance police did me a favor by motivating me to dance in the lobby. Two words: hippie chicks.

i hate hippie chicks.

Guest squirrely J

Setlist from 6/14/91 - RFK Stadium

Set 1:

Cold Rain and Snow

Wang Dang Doodle

Jack-A-Roe

Big River

Maggie's Farm

Row Jimmy

Black-Throated Wind

Tennessee Jed

Music Never Stopped

Set 2:

Help on the Way

Slipknot!

Franklin's Tower

Estimated Prophet

Dark Star

drums

space

Stella Blue

Turn On Your Love Light

Encore: Baby Blue

Filler: Cats Under the Stars

Jeff has come a long way with DSO since the last Madison show in February. Sure, there's no comparison with a 5 hour performance of a Europe '72 show, but the boys were on fire Saturday night!

CR&S opener tight and crisp into a very bluesy Wang Dang Doodle. Jack-A-Roe was a real unexpected treat and segued into a fast and furious Big River. Maggie's Farm was a big highlight of the first set as Rob and Kevin went back and forth on vocals. From a rock-and-roll Dylan tune to a slowed down Row Jimmy which gave everyone a breather from the rollicking first hour, swaying back and forth with each crest and swell of the wave from the band. Soft, sweet, Jeff's vocals were right on key, building into the final chorus with the crowd singing along. Black Throated Wind built in momentum, leading to a top-notch Tennessee Jed. But the best of all was saved for last, as the band tore it up on Music Never Stopped, jamming and smashing through the space-time continuum.

Second set saw a bigger crowd which cheered with the first notes of Help On The Way. Slipping into a hot Franklin's Tower and powerful Estimated Prophet. Whispers that the show was from 1991 RFK brought the biggest song of the night, a howling Dark Star which alone, was worth any price of admission. Drums (dancing), space (floating), into another top notch rendition of Stella Blue. If anyone had doubts of Jeff's prowess, look no further. Crowd energized, dancing like crazy for the rave-up Lovelight, shining all the love back on the band for a beautiful Baby Blue, and a crowd-chosen Cats Under The Stars. Having seen the last three DSO shows in Madison, it was phenomenal to see a hard-rocking 1991 show. Quote of the night from my college professor who was in the crowd, "The Dead never rocked this hard." See DSO. Do it. You won't be disappointed.

I am also calling total bullshit on ya Bix.... To those of us who know you Pop Pop, that statement is just plain stinky poo poo :)

Love ya buddy!

Hahahahahaha Scott? Chase the young ladies? I dunno if I've ever witnessed this....... :blink:

Actually, I can remember a time or two or three or......ok its hard to think of a show where Scott didn't point out a girl.....though greatly appreciate it every time...

Love ya buddy!!!

Archived