125 More To Go !

Teacher Matt

• Forum MVP

"What a long strange trip its been" ... :wacko:

coming soon to a town, theater, indoor venue, outdoor venue, side of the road, my backyard (wishful thinking) DSO show #2000 !! ....

I have been able to make 211 of the 1,875 .... and am the only person to make the milestone shows of #500, #1000 (Orchestra Express), and #1500 ...

I hope to be at #2000 along with old and new friends...

and finally a message to you crazy DSO members - "Keep on Truckin" .... :cheers:

Guest crazy digits

"What a long strange trip its been" ... :wacko:

coming soon to a town, theater, indoor venue, outdoor venue, side of the road, my backyard (wishful thinking) DSO show #2000 !! ....

I have been able to make 211 of the 1,875 .... and am the only person to make the milestone shows of #500, #1000 (Orchestra Express), and #1500 ...

I hope to be at #2000 along with old and new friends...

and finally a message to you crazy DSO members - "Keep on Truckin" .... :cheers:

Bus trip #2 if they'll have/allow us :wacko:

• Forum VIP

Funny you make this Post....Teacher Matt and Bix are two of my oldest DSO Tour buddies....almonst Ten years and some amazing memories..I chartered that Bus for the 1000th show in NC and twelve of us had a blast and it was one of best trips of my life.....but lately I have an observation that troubles me...were is the next generation of DSO tour junkies for lack of better term...I love Grateful Dead music and will put it up against any other band ( Phish, SCI, ,WSP, Yonder, UM, etc...) all which I love by the way...but nothing moved me more that the GD....DSO is currently playing some of their best music in the past 10 years and our audience is less than expected in my opinion....Why?...not sure...I realize there are many choices for your $30 and times are tough all around...but I struggle with is that for 4 Hours of the best Grateful Dead music how can you go wrong... where is the disconnect...I think we all need to regroup and Support the Muic we love, I am going to California for two shows, should I go , probably not, but "F"it I am going, I am going to New Years, are there other choices.... sure, But I am goin to hang with my Friends and Dance and Laugh like we have for long time....I ask many of you out there to come out along the way and support the music and DSO.... for they will keep a smile on your face in a life where it can be so HARD....my two cents....See you around the play ground....Dr. V

• Forum MVP

Funny you make this Post....Teacher Matt and Bix are two of my oldest DSO Tour buddies....almonst Ten years and some amazing memories..I chartered that Bus for the 1000th show in NC and twelve of us had a blast and it was one of best trips of my life.....but lately I have an observation that troubles me...were is the next generation of DSO tour junkies for lack of better term...I love Grateful Dead music and will put it up against any other band ( Phish, SCI, ,WSP, Yonder, UM, etc...) all which I love by the way...but nothing moved me more that the GD....DSO is currently playing some of their best music in the past 10 years and our audience is less than expected in my opinion....Why?...not sure...I realize there are many choices for your $30 and times are tough all around...but I struggle with is that for 4 Hours of the best Grateful Dead music how can you go wrong... where is the disconnect...I think we all need to regroup and Support the Muic we love, I am going to California for two shows, should I go , probably not, but "F"it I am going, I am going to New Years, are there other choices.... sure, But I am goin to hang with my Friends and Dance and Laugh like we have for long time....I ask many of you out there to come out along the way and support the music and DSO.... for they will keep a smile on your face in a life where it can be so HARD....my two cents....See you around the play ground....Dr. V

I have only been on the DSO Train since 2007 but what a ride it has been! I have made solid friendships through a shared love of music that just cannot be recreated through any other community or culture.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Garcia didn't leave his band, he just played with others in other roles. That gave us more chances to keep on truckin'/gathering/celebrating life!. Loved his rhythm guitar with JGB, we didn't get it as much with GD. DSO's last guitarist didn't seem to have that inexhaustible creativity that I saw in Jerry. Jerry alway seemed to have 10 extra licks/movemnts in him at the end of each song which I didn't experience from DSO's last guitarist; however, I think things are going the right way with Matson, let's just hope the rest of DSO can keep up (they all are some of my favorite musicians and I believe some of the best here on earth these days in an open book,) With that written, who needs a crystal, cold beer or grilled cheese? You know, if I had the same sheet connections as before, I wouldn't be typing at a computer at work, I'd be on some highway looking for the next lot!

Guest crazy digits

Change is difficult sometimes. This is no different. Sometimes we need to take a step backwards to move forward. DSO is the sickest GD playing band on the planet. Lets enjoy the intimacy of what DSO offers to all of us, knowing that love, spirit, faith and energy will carry this band onward and upwards.

I love you all SO much!

Archived