Gratefulfest #12

kdubfan

• Forum MVP

This was taken from nlqp.com today.

3 more unforgettable nights with Dark Star Orchestra!

Also- Very special guests 7 Walkers featuring GD's Bill Kreuzmann!

Plus, Keller Williams back for his 8th Gratefulfest! And dont forget-

• Forum MVP

When the Deviled Egg missed out on going to Gratefulfest in 2008 despite his best laid plans, he swore he would be at the next one and when they announced The Dead at Rothbury that weekend he hardly batted an eye at going to the Ledges instead. When we met ALL he could talk about other than the Dead and his recent run of DSO shows was Gratefulfest and how it was the best weekend of his whole life and he promised to take me the coming year. We bought tickets for Nateva, but sold em last minute (like, the week of the festivals) to go to Gratefulfest because he PROMISED and there was absolutely no way we were going to go about our relationship breaking promises to one another! It was the best weekend I had all summer last year (Furthur fest was EPIC and all.... but NOTHING can beat DSO at the Ledges it is just TOO spectacular! I still drool thinking about that Friday night) so I can't imagine anything that will keep us from setting up the booth on the edge of the water once again.... what a magical weekend coming!!!! We might miss a lot of music this year, but we will not miss Gratefulfest.

• Advisory Board

Have fun y'all... looks like my 11 year Gratefulfest run is finally coming to an end... To long of a drive from Eugene, Oregon to Garrettsville, Ohio for me, and flying in with all my camping gear would just not work...

Sad to say my last Gratefulfest was spent in the hospital 10 minutes down the road where everyone was having fun, but atleast no one found me dead in my tent that weekend... so such is life I guess... Hopefully I'll make it to the next year's if there is one...

• Forum MVP

Have fun y'all... looks like my 11 year Gratefulfest run is finally coming to an end... To long of a drive from Eugene, Oregon to Garrettsville, Ohio for me, and flying in with all my camping gear would just not work...

Sad to say my last Gratefulfest was spent in the hospital 10 minutes down the road where everyone was having fun, but atleast no one found me dead in my tent that weekend... so such is life I guess... Hopefully I'll make it to the next year's if there is one...

Bro.... you said you have been moving to Eugene for almost as many years as you have gone to GFEST...

so now you are saying it again ?? ... what gives ??

I land in Ohio via Las Vegas on the 1st.... quick trip to my folks house to pick up a few things (and they are letting borrow their van ... so I got that going for me) ..

I will be in attendance on the 1st and 3rd... got a buddy getting married on the 2nd...

hopefully my girl will be able to make it ... I took her last summer to The Ledges in August for the Reggaefest and she loved loved loved that place... :rolleyes:

The NLQP just changed it to:

4 more unforgettable nights with Darkstar Orchestra

Are we talking another thursday early bird set?? Last years was outstanding.

I emailed Evan asking which additional night DSO will play. No reply but he changed the event back to the original 3 nights of DSO.

July 1st-4th

Gratefulfest #12

3 more unforgettable nights with Darkstar Orchestra!

Also- Very special guests 7 Walkers featuring GD's Bill Kreuzmann!

Plus, Keller Williams back for his 8th Gratefulfest! And dont forget-

Railroad Earth, Boombox, New Riders, David Gans, Donna Jean Band

Klyph Black & Rumor Has It, Katz-n-Jammers, The Spikedrivers, & many

more Grateful guests to be added soon. Fireworks, clowns, skydivers

fire performers, swim, cliff dive, grateful vendors, family, friends!

Why go anywhere else?! Super low prices. Lots to come. Stay tuned!

• Forum MVP

My seven year run is in jeopardy this year. Sister is getting married on the 4th, and apparently i need to be home the 3rd too. I'm gonna try to make it wednesday thru saturday. Does that count?? I gotta catch a least a piece!

Id say that counts :icon14: ! Especially if we get a thursday TN set.. And ill be bringing my lil percussion setup so weds its drums by the fiiiire!! :dsorocks: I cannot wait any longer!

I bring 2 to 3 djembes with me. We need to get in touch so we can drum together. We are planning on arriving Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I'm thinking about pushing my move tothe Sunshine State back a month just to make this work for me. So much to do this summer my head is spinning. All I know is I'd kick myself in the ass if I miss this. BEST FEST EVER and more and more sweet bands just keep adding on.

• Forum MVP

I'm thinking about pushing my move tothe Sunshine State back a month just to make this work for me. So much to do this summer my head is spinning. All I know is I'd kick myself in the ass if I miss this. BEST FEST EVER and more and more sweet bands just keep adding on.

my advice.. for what it is worth.... DON'T DELAY...

make the move... don't hang around .... the longer you do the higher the odds of you never doing what you said you would do for your kids...

music is always going to be there...

the last 4 GFESTS I have missed two.... and I survived... .. this year I am going to be there for only 2 of the 4 days... family first ....

my 2 cents if interested

Archived