Oneonta

just a dream

4/20/84. How enjoyable being with these great musicians, who are enjoying the ride themselves. Not overly crowded; no talkers around us. There were seats in the back and the sides of a former movie theatre, with the front middle an open, sloping space; a smaller, intimate venue. Feel like a Stranger, Cold Rain and Snow, Brown Eyed Women, Cumberland Blues, and It Must Have Been the Roses were all delightful and extremely well played. Let It Grow, Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, and, of course, Morning Dew blew open the channels, and brought crowd euphoria. [We left after the Dew, so I don't know the filler].

• Forum MVP

4/20/84. How enjoyable being with these great musicians, who are enjoying the ride themselves. Not overly crowded; no talkers around us. There were seats in the back and the sides of a former movie theatre, with the front middle an open, sloping space; a smaller, intimate venue. Feel like a Stranger, Cold Rain and Snow, Brown Eyed Women, Cumberland Blues, and It Must Have Been the Roses were all delightful and extremely well played. Let It Grow, Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, and, of course, Morning Dew blew open the channels, and brought crowd euphoria. [We left after the Dew, so I don't know the filler].

Last two songs of the set were Round and Round, Johnny B Goode E Day Job Filler By vote Golden Road, Lindy, New Orleans, I Shall Be Released

• Forum MVP

Wow, a rare, day job...

by far, the worst encore ever! or song for that matter...

I never thought Day Job was as bad a song as everyone else thought. I mean, I get why people didn't like the message in the song, how heads may have taken the lyrics personally and may have been insulted, but as a song, I don't think it's THAT bad. It's not Terrapin Station or Attics of my Life, but it's not as bad as Money Money or Picasso Moon either. Edit---or Wave to the Wind!

I rank it along the likes of Push to Shove.

• Forum MVP

I never thought Day Job was as bad a song as everyone else thought. I mean, I get why people didn't like the message in the song, how heads may have taken the lyrics personally and may have been insulted, but as a song, I don't think it's THAT bad. It's not Terrapin Station or Attics of my Life, but it's not as bad as Money Money or Picasso Moon either. Edit---or Wave to the Wind!

The Day Job they played at an El Rey show during the Year of Bliss spoke directly to my soul.

but it's not as bad as Money Money or Picasso Moon either. Edit---or Wave to the Wind!

I love Money Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially 5-17-74. Other than a short Bobby lyric screw up its perfect. The whole show is a gem. It doesn't have a sexy setlist, but it well played. The Money Money rocks.

Archived