Songs That Leave You Cold That Most Seem To Adore

neutrino

Wow.....borring Row Jimmy!!    It takes a lot to say that!!   Have  always loved the rabbit catch song:}  I guess we all evolved differently with respects to what we loved and appreciate about the music.

I must say, the Lyrics to Roses lit me up before the music did, but eventually they both synergized, and it for me is one of the deepiest and darkest, but pretty songs I spin too, and I love spinning to it. 

Thats why I love the Grateful Dead.  25 years later and songs I didn't like at one point I love now.  

How lucky are we?  Our favorite band has played so many different songs that if you didn't like it in 1989, you may love it in 2013.  

I also love Must Have Been the Roses, but I've seen posts where others are bored by the song.  Sometimes its all in the context.  Maybe you were there one night and in the right mood to love it.  Or the opposite. 

Deer Creek 1991, I was 3rd row center, and I was standing there thinking the Scarlet>Fire was terrible.  My exact thoughts were, these guys have lost it, lol.  Got the tape down the line, and there was nothing wrong with it.  It wasn't the best version, but it wasn't the worst either.  I was really high and it felt wrong.  If this had been my first show, maybe I would have thought Scarlet>Fire sucked.  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Please, do tell of a show featuring that combo which you attended and found it to be mind blowing / super sweet   ~ :) and thank you

yea,   got to agree with michelle on this one!!!     Tell me when you heard either of these songs, let alone in order, that they sounded good, reat, or fantastic!!!

I have seen both of these songs "while my mind--melting" and would of enjoyed the sounds of amplified ant love making than I would the lyrics to either at any given time!!!!

Just my opinion, but I am glad others enjoy it!!!    

• Forum MVP

Thats why I love the Grateful Dead.  25 years later and songs I didn't like at one point I love now.  

How lucky are we?  Our favorite band has played so many different songs that if you didn't like it in 1989, you may love it in 2013.  

I also love Must Have Been the Roses, but I've seen posts where others are bored by the song.  Sometimes its all in the context.  Maybe you were there one night and in the right mood to love it.  Or the opposite. 

Deer Creek 1991, I was 3rd row center, and I was standing there thinking the Scarlet>Fire was terrible.  My exact thoughts were, these guys have lost it, lol.  Got the tape down the line, and there was nothing wrong with it.  It wasn't the best version, but it wasn't the worst either.  I was really high and it felt wrong.  If this had been my first show, maybe I would have thought Scarlet>Fire sucked.  

Yep---that is the brillance of the music!!!     So many different meaning at different parts of our aging journey!!

That is why the music appeals to youth these days as much as it does to our elders!!!  It is timeless, and evolves as we do!!!

91 was my first "full" tour------and would of continued if I did not meet that topless chick from Jersey.   I still can not belive I gave up boobs for tunes:{   Why could nature not give us that hormone jump at 40 when we got money and some sense instead of 13-26 when we are poor and dumb!!  Natures cruel jokes!!!

• Forum MVP

Casey Jones----really guys!!!     Fuck---to hear that song from studio to live, and some of lives i have heard got every bit of dance energy as the rest!!!   God I love Casey, but yea, I am one of those dumb asses who relate so perhaps that might be good reason.  Still  -------    the words are fun, but when they have jammed to it, they jam.  i think of my head 74 winterland!!   I think thats what is playing in the wrecked truck, but not sure.

Casey one of my favorites. 

Very interesting, it puts a smile on my face to see everyone's difference in opinions.....to each his own! I have to say that two songs that just do not do it for me are deal and sugaree..(don't get me wrong there are great versions of both), in fact this past decembers wallingford sugaree with jc on keys was absolutely pristine. It may just be the length of the song, because it seems that it never goes shorter than 15 minutes, while I am just hoping for the next jam to start, but instead get another verse. I noticed a lot of people disliking red rooster...as we all say, we like songs because of associations we have...for me I had only heard the song twice before last years jubilee, and after that awesome bluesy version, it was one of my new favorites...also never heard corrina until I saw bobby do it in his studio in 2010 and loved it right away (that version is awesome)...nothing like pigpen songs....and love jerry and bobby too!

Also, casey jones and truckin dont usually do it for me, especially casey jones

Archived