Anyone Need To Get Married In The State Of Maryland?

Herdygerdy

• Advisory Board

I just became an ordained minister... Reverend Ronald Herd at your service.... no shit!!! You can make BOATLOADS of money doing this... My mom did this for years, and made bank. Best part is, that all the money you make can not be taxed cause it falls under a "Religious" ceremony, even if the word God never comes up. From what I understand, you can charge anywhere from $300 to $700 per wedding that you officiate just for the 20 minute ceremony... then you add gas money for travel, and can have different packages, i.e. $300 basic service within 25 miles of where I live; $0.25 a mile after travel outside of the 25 mile range. $400 for an hour interview with the couple to ask them what they want me to do in their ceremony (i.e. lighting of candles, ect...), which of course includes the 20 minute ceremony. $500-$1000 for anything extravagant, just has to be written up in a detailed contract...

I'm really looking forward to seeing if I can get a few gigs... name of my company "Grateful Ceremonies with Reverend Ronald Herd"

LOL!!

I love this country

Best of luck to you in your new enterprise !

I was only @ one wedding in Maryland......12/31/2009 & it didn't turn out too well....At least the concert that followed @ the Rams Head is a memory that will last forever( While the marriage has not !)

Peace,

Rob

• Forum MVP

One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run into the woods at the Ledges, and I'm never gonna come back, and when I come back, I'm gonna emerge and be a fucking REVEREND!

Good Luck buddy........about time you caught a break. Killin' me. :rofl:

• Forum MVP

you tease.....

when i first read the topic, i thought YOU were looking for a significent other....

i was ready to put my name on the list, maybe a date or two and then, hand over the sizable dowery......

• Forum MVP

Upon reflection, I believe that Father Herd's ministry should not be confined to just Maryland. There are a lot of troubled places in this world, and he can help shed light in the darkest of times. I, for one, am sorely in need of absolution. And his mission of peace will elevate so many...

Soldier-Donkey-1.jpg

• Forum MVP

Herdy, it is so cool that you are an officiant! We got married by one of the leaders of the Phurst Church of Phun--seriously (Hoy Manoi!)! He was an ordained minister in CT also and our wedding included a portion where everyone--bride, groom, bridal party and everyone in attendance--had to put on a red rubber nose to acknowledge the importance of laughter in marriage. What a great wedding. The ones you officiate will be wonderful too, what with your generous and upbeat personality. Best of luck!!

• Advisory Board

Herdy, it is so cool that you are an officiant! We got married by one of the leaders of the Phurst Church of Phun--seriously (Hoy Manoi!)! He was an ordained minister in CT also and our wedding included a portion where everyone--bride, groom, bridal party and everyone in attendance--had to put on a red rubber nose to acknowledge the importance of laughter in marriage. What a great wedding. The ones you officiate will be wonderful too, what with your generous and upbeat personality. Best of luck!!

Thanks Randi... I do love going to weddings, and seeing people so very happy (even if it only lasts thru the honeymoon), so why not be apart of that.... and not only that, you make BANK doing it.. It's so crazy that these days, in order to get married by a church, you have to take (and pay) for their marriage councling, and then become a member of that church's congregation for a minimum of 1 year... Alot of people who are in the military, need to get married before they ship out, so their future siginificant others can obtain benefits and what not, and alot of churches won't marry bi-racial couples, as well as those of two different faiths... My mother has been doing this for a few years, and she has made quite alot of money doing this... people have even come to her door at 9pm at night, begging her to marry them as one of them is shipping out to Afganastan or Iraq in the next day or two...

The funniest thing, is to become an ordained minister, all you have to do is go online, fill out some information, and boom... you're done... you can officiate marriages, funerals, take confessions, and preform baptisms... not that I would ever want to preform a baptism, funeral, or absolve anyone of their sins, as I am not religious in anyway. Since my mother doesn't do this anymore, and people are still asking for her to marry them, she will send her business my way... and the BEST thing is.... NO TAXES have to be paid on the services rendered! HA!

I can even get a honorary Doctorate of Metaphysics, or Doctorate of Divinity as well.... So now you all can call me Dr. Reverend Donkey! :herdy:

• Advisory Board

we'll totally pay you to officiate our ceremony but you have to wear bobby shorts :) and if you say yes to that with no problem, we're gonna get more absurd :)

Of course I'd wear Bobby shorts... BUT you'd have to come to Maryland to have me marry you two... It's the only state I'm licenced in... You can even get hitched at my place! Get your marriage certificate from Harford County, and two days later, I'll marry you... I won't even charge you!!

Bix... it clearly states that I am not allowed to preform circumcisions... thank god... cause I wouldn't do it....

• Forum MVP

Of course I'd wear Bobby shorts... BUT you'd have to come to Maryland to have me marry you two... It's the only state I'm licenced in... You can even get hitched at my place! Get your marriage certificate from Harford County, and two days later, I'll marry you... I won't even charge you!!

Bix... it clearly states that I am not allowed to preform circumcisions... thank god... cause I wouldn't do it....

that ain t bix

Archived