R.i.p. Big Man

August West

• Forum MVP

I'll never forget how happy Jerry seemed to be whenever Clarence stepped on stage.....huge smiles and clear joy....

And how much Clarence added to the musical grooves....

RIP CLARENCE.....

Another pillar falls.........

Almost everyone had that look when Clarence walked on stage. That man just had a presence about him. RIP Sax Man!

• Forum MVP

Almost everyone had that look when Clarence walked on stage. That man just had a presence about him. RIP Sax Man!

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert DVD ends with E Street Band - nice recent Clarence on that.

...a change was made uptown and the big man left the band.

• Forum MVP

A little concert story about the BIG MAN ... went to see the E-Street Band at the LA Forum 1982 , I think it was during the River tour ... me and my buddy Richy had second row seats right in front of Clarence ... we had better seats than Henry Winkler (The Fonz) , Fonzy and his wife were sitting 2 rows behind us ... anyway , me and Richy are wearing GD tour shirts at the Bruce show , we love Bruce , but we're deadheads ... the band comes on stage , Clarence gives me and Richy the thumbs up and big smiles all night ... we had no idea why Clarence was kinda happy to see us but we figured it out when he started showing up at lots of GD and JGB shows , Clarence was a deadhead just like us ...

Archived