New Forum Question

tbones

I missed this post somehow.

I have the time limit for editing your post set for 72 hours, I am considering changing that - thoughts?

The like button is another new setting with this version (There are a shitload of them), I have changed it for your "group". I will have to go through all of the groups (I have way too many - at some point I will thin some out).

There is an option for positive and negative instead of the FB style Like.

It would be nice to be able to edit any post...I understand that may not be possible. Although it seems possible to delete any post. Im not sure what you mean by "groups" but the like button seems like a decent feature. I think any negative reaction button would be rough overall. I don't post much but do appreciate so many posts and would like the author to know it without posting. Thank you for the response.

Groups are mostly set by how many times you have posted (300 for Forum Star next is Forum VIP @ 500). There are other Groups (Band Members, Road Crew, Staff etc).

Each Group has access to specific features, ie: how many PM's you can store, most basic is whether you can post, reply to, edit and delete. The guest group can read posts only. I should put together a list of what features are available and to whom. I just have to figure out what all the features are - I'm still figuring things out.

It seems that with this latest version because there are quite a few new settings that the old settings have been replaced with default settings, but I'm not positive.

It would be nice to be able to edit any post...I understand that may not be possible. Although it seems possible to delete any post. Im not sure what you mean by "groups" but the like button seems like a decent feature. I think any negative reaction button would be rough overall. I don't post much but do appreciate so many posts and would like the author to know it without posting. Thank you for the response.

I second all of that.

I was wondering about the like button too as it doesn't seem to work for me either.

I also think we should be able to delete a thread if we started it (or maybe if we are in a certain group?) I've already started a thread by accident or realized it had already been brought up and wanted to delete.

And thank you Taper Ron!!!

I am working on changing the Like Button settings for everybody, it should work for you now.

I think you can delete your own Topic as long as there haven't been any replies (posts). Anytime a thread disappears I get accused of censoring the forums. If there are two threads with the same subject I can merge them.

• Forum MVP

Is there a Group W bench?

Not where they put you if you may not be moral enough to join the army after committing your special crime, and where there was all kinds of mean nasty ugly looking people on the bench there? Mother rapers. Father stabbers. Father rapers! Father rapers sitting right there on the bench next to you!

This could definitely be its own thread.......

Archived