Cincinnati Show Bogarts Bad Place!

mattohio

Dont get me wrong i love cincinnati

but you can ask around and ask where is the worst place to play is they will tell you bogarts !

well the last time i went to see them @ bogarts the music was great !

till about 4 songs into the first set ! some one near by was smokeing out of a pipe

well i was jamin there as they were playing the race is on!

love that song by the way well the staff grabed me 4 inches off the ground! and threw me out !

i wasnt even the one smokeing !

the sadest thing was the bar next door was fillled on the acount of every one was being thrown out

sad really it was around chirstmass time so i spent money for my dad uncle me and girlfriend to all go ! they love the dead as well

im just saying i wish they would have picked a better place to play

as you walked in that night a box pretty big size was filled with people cigs! they wouldnt let my uncle bring in his medication they he must have !

i mean could it get any worse

its not dso fault but i think im goin to catch the show in indy and not go to bogarts in my own town lol

sad !

Dont get me wrong i love cincinnati

but you can ask around and ask where is the worst place to play is they will tell you bogarts !

well the last time i went to see them @ bogarts the music was great !

till about 4 songs into the first set ! some one near by was smokeing out of a pipe

well i was jamin there as they were playing the race is on!

love that song by the way well the staff grabed me 4 inches off the ground! and threw me out !

i wasnt even the one smokeing !

the sadest thing was the bar next door was fillled on the acount of every one was being thrown out

sad really it was around chirstmass time so i spent money for my dad uncle me and girlfriend to all go ! they love the dead as well

im just saying i wish they would have picked a better place to play

as you walked in that night a box pretty big size was filled with people cigs! they wouldnt let my uncle bring in his medication they he must have !

i mean could it get any worse

its not dso fault but i think im goin to catch the show in indy and not go to bogarts in my own town lol

sad !

So... where else do you think they should play?? The Madison Theater in Covington? Annie's in Cincinnati? The Foundry in Dayton? or any other place... just wondering, Matt. Thanks ~

• 2 weeks later...

well in the winter us bank and in the summer moonlight or annies maddison is allright i gusse but i havent had any prob there but a friend of mine a few years ago was riped off on some acid but im not into drugs im there for the music just a bad part of town

just my point of view !

peace

well in the winter us bank and in the summer moonlight or annies maddison is allright i gusse but i havent had any prob there but a friend of mine a few years ago was riped off on some acid but im not into drugs im there for the music just a bad part of town

just my point of view !

peace

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: hilarious

oh pardon me

I'll go out on a limb here when I say I think US Bank Arena is a little large for the DSO dancers... Moonlight Pavilion might be a little too tight with security... Annie's is fun in the summertime... and the Madison Theater, I believe, may be the most accommodating venue of the ones you mentioned and other ones I know in the area. As for your experience... your friend's experience with an acid deal turned ripoff... don't blame that on anything but choices... the venue shouldn't be blamed and neither should the neighborhood ... made me laugh for a minute tho, sorry :rofl:

• Forum MVP

Bogarts has new managagement. It has the best sound with that brick wall right behind the band and a wide open floor in front and no bathroom lines. Southgate House would have been another good choice but they closed their doors last night. Bogarts has the history just like the Newport show on Friday. Both great venues, especially for tapers (hint, hint)

So... where else do you think they should play?? The Madison Theater in Covington? Annie's in Cincinnati? The Foundry in Dayton? or any other place... just wondering, Matt. Thanks ~

McGuffeys in Dayton!

Bogarts has new managagement. It has the best sound with that brick wall right behind the band and a wide open floor in front and no bathroom lines. Southgate House would have been another good choice but they closed their doors last night. Bogarts has the history just like the Newport show on Friday. Both great venues, especially for tapers (hint, hint)

McGuffeys in Dayton!

New management is good to hear about Bogart's. I've been going there for like 20 years and have seen all kinds of music there (from bands like Slayer, DRI, Testament, Exodus, King Diamond, Soundgarden etc to Stephen Stills, BB King, Widespread Panic, etc). I tried to avoid the place because it got a little rough on the patrons and the neighborhood is sketchy. Actually in the past few years, I've only entered Bogart's to see a DSO show. So, I'm very happy to hear of new management. Also, yes there is a good taping area at Bogart's... right in front of the soundboard.

As for McGuffey's... do you think the place is big enough for DSO? I mean, I've seen the Deadringers there (among other bands... Deadringers with David Nelson, Barry Flast, Barry Sless, Mookie Siegel, Arthur Steinhorn, Tom Constanten) and that was a great time. The band was sort of unknown and the place seemed a decent fit for the band. Of course other bands (Uriah Heap or Dio) have played there and maybe the place was too small. Not sure of the capacity... though I'd briefly thought of McGuffey's , too.

The Foundry in Dayton would be a good place, too. It's about to open under new management, as well. The place is big and industrial as the name sounds.

As for Southgate... I think there was a bit of a disagreement between siblings that caused the place to close. The history there is definitely cool. I think the Southgate guy is going to open his business somewhere else... and the sister is thinking of reopening the Southgate apparently under a new name, maybe. That's the word on the street, anyway. lol

here's to the wonderful things the new year will bring ~ :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Uriah Heep - now there's a name I haven't heard in a while! Very 'eavy...very 'umble...

And there was some pretty classic Roger Dean cover art on Demons and Wizards and The Magician's Birthday, too.

Digression over. Bye!

• Forum MVP

Would love to see Moonlight gardens again in the summer. A few rides or the pool by day and show at night. Good Skyline Chili right outside the gate also. Annie's would be a 2nd choice in the summer. For the winter, while I am not a big fan of Bogart's, i do like the big open floor.

• Forum MVP

New management is good to hear about Bogart's. I've been going there for like 20 years and have seen all kinds of music there (from bands like Slayer, DRI, Testament, Exodus, King Diamond, Soundgarden etc to Stephen Stills, BB King, Widespread Panic, etc). I tried to avoid the place because it got a little rough on the patrons and the neighborhood is sketchy. Actually in the past few years, I've only entered Bogart's to see a DSO show. So, I'm very happy to hear of new management. Also, yes there is a good taping area at Bogart's... right in front of the soundboard.

As for McGuffey's... do you think the place is big enough for DSO? I mean, I've seen the Deadringers there (among other bands... Deadringers with David Nelson, Barry Flast, Barry Sless, Mookie Siegel, Arthur Steinhorn, Tom Constanten) and that was a great time. The band was sort of unknown and the place seemed a decent fit for the band. Of course other bands (Uriah Heap or Dio) have played there and maybe the place was too small. Not sure of the capacity... though I'd briefly thought of McGuffey's , too.

The Foundry in Dayton would be a good place, too. It's about to open under new management, as well. The place is big and industrial as the name sounds.

As for Southgate... I think there was a bit of a disagreement between siblings that caused the place to close. The history there is definitely cool. I think the Southgate guy is going to open his business somewhere else... and the sister is thinking of reopening the Southgate apparently under a new name, maybe. That's the word on the street, anyway. lol

here's to the wonderful things the new year will bring ~ :dsorocks:

McGuffeys would be too small, you're right. Saw John Entwistle Band there in 1996, so as you have said you've seen, they have gotten big name bands in there, but it wouldn't have the dancin' space for a DSO experience. Writing of bands that have played played Bogarts (to keep the history spectacle going) Peter Tosh in 1983, right before the Ann Arbor show. Weir played there in 1978 and Zappa did two shows up at the Newport in November 1984. I believe Lowell George was slated to play Bogarts after his last show in Virginia? I think Cleveland HoB>Newport>Bogarts is a real treat for the midwest. THANK YOU DARK STAR for bringing some warmth to our winter's blue.

Archived