Downton Abbey

bs69

I have read both good and not-so good reviews of "Downton Abbey", but Maggie Smith is such a brilliant and funny actress, so I decided to check it out. Not as believable as "Upstairs / Downstairs", but it has a bit of the same feel, and I will try to find time to watch this season's episodes (not the first priority on Sunday nights... and, no, I do not own a DVR).

• Forum MVP

For sure a good show if you like good acting and English historical culture from 1910-20. I wasn't sure how this tread works into DSO and Grateful Dead music but then I remembered catching a bit of "Peggo O' " being sung softly by the Lady's maid while making up the bed in episode three.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

For sure a good show if you like good acting and English historical culture from 1910-20. I wasn't sure how this tread works into DSO and Grateful Dead music but then I remembered catching a bit of "Peggo O' " being sung softly by the Lady's maid while making up the bed in episode three.

Peace and Love,

Doc

When in London they spend at lot of time in grosvenor square. I just finished "Fall of Giants" by Ken Follet which takes place in a similar time. I highly recommend it for a good look at WW1 from differing perspectives.

Archived