Indy

bs69

• Forum MVP

Nice set! This show was like a first set of (almost) all openers. It was like the show kept starting and starting again. :D As far as the good ol' fashinoed DSO premise this show totally DE-LIV-ERED, especially in the drumz section where Dino and Rob served up that good ol' nostalgic arena dead feeling! Of course it was all expertly played with lots of lovely ornamentation by Mattson, crisply clipped compelling rhythm from Eaton (and a minty fresh slide performance in Rooster) and a lovely balance of thunder and ballet from Kevin on the bass. (For example, Queen Jane!) Barracco made the most of every vocal and every jam. I think I recall some particularly raucous barrelhouse in the ol' Samson>Cumberland trick. did I mention those tasty drumz? MMMMmmmmmmm. The Alligator elective was just long and deep enough to forget for a minute or two that it was the end. The addition of Lisa's voice in the elective after a 80s/90s setlist really turns it into a new band. That was fun. There was one taper present. Sorry to miss the rest of the tour but looking forward to summer. Safe travels all!

DSO Goes Farther!!!!

An awesome show at a great venue layout, totally worth the drive from Ohio. I was right down front & center. Nice big venue, with big bar areas, lots of service, nice restrooms, and a great open space. No complaints here, except of course the staff organization's obsession with 100% pat-down procedures, and lack of Will-call line-formation abilities. Once in though, a great show. Favorites were He's Gone, and Alligator with Lisa on the kazoo. Very cool to see her make an appearance. Lots of fun and no complaints. People were generally nice here, compared with my last show in DC where there seemed to be a rudeness theme. Can't wait for the Ohio run coming up later this week - Cleveland, Columbus, Cincy. See you there! Also see you in the Dam next month.

06-18-89 Shoreline

Foolish Heart, Jack straw, Alabama, Queen Jane, Cold Rain, Rooster, Hey Pocky Way> Iko

Samson>Cumberland, Saint>He's Gone>Drumz>Wheel>Miracle>Stella>Around>Good Lovin

E. U.S. Blues

• Advisory Board

compared with my last show in DC where there seemed to be a rudeness theme.

I've said it once, I'll say it again (and again, and again, and again) THE 9:30 CLUB SUCKS ASS!! Don't think I'll ever go back there again, but who am I kidding, I probably will... ugh... god I hate that place!!

Archived