The Melkweg, Amsterdam

August West

• Forum MVP

Setlist: 3/15/69 Hilton Hotel, San Francisco, CA

Set 1 GD Show: Hard To Handle; Good Morning Little Schoolgirl; Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Turn On Your Lovelight

Set 2 Elective: Doin' That Rag; Alligator > Drums > Alligator > Death Don't Have No Mercy > Viola Lee Blues

Encore: It Hurts Me Too; Dancing In The Streets; And We Bid You Goodnight

Guest L~Cat

Very nice.... And it happened 43 years ago to date right here at the Hilton of all places... Wonder if it's the same building as one the Hiltons now- either on Kearny or ofarrell.

Guest L~Cat

i think it is the same hotel, Lisa....

btw, this show looks the scorcher..just my kinda thing...

am SO buggered i ain't there :-(

I'm not sure now...did a little searching ( I am a nerd,... I like the history)

there are 3 hiltons in SF . But I don't think any of the existing hotels were there in 69. The Hilton on Kearny was built in 1971 (but as Holiday Inn Chinatown)- used to be the City Hall and Hall of Justice but it burned in the earthquake/fire in 1906 then was rebuilt and again demolished in 68.

The Hilton on OFarrell was not finished being built until 71 either....but did find out its the largest hotel on the west coast...

The Hilton at the wharf didn't open til 2000....

So....must be some other building that is now something else.

I'm not sure now...did a little searching ( I am a nerd,... I like the history)

there are 3 hiltons in SF . But I don't think any of the existing hotels were there in 69. The Hilton on Kearny was built in 1971 (but as Holiday Inn Chinatown)- used to be the City Hall and Hall of Justice but it burned in the earthquake/fire in 1906 then was rebuilt and again demolished in 68.

The Hilton on OFarrell was not finished being built until 71 either....but did find out its the largest hotel on the west coast...

The Hilton at the wharf didn't open til 2000....

So....must be some other building that is now something else.

ok then NERD !!! lol....

gosh u gotta lotta time on ur hands @ work....

Guest L~Cat

ok then NERD !!! lol....

gosh u gotta lotta time on ur hands @ work....

that is the 10 minutes I allow myself as I drink my morning coffee. I work around the clock....so no, I don't have a lot of "time on my hands"...when you have an intense job, you need to take a breather now and then.

Guest L~Cat

Yeah, sure is hard work playing on the internet! :P :P

I have 2 computer screens and ADD. wtf do you expect? HIV test results on one side and your jackass comments on the other :-)

Setlist: 3/15/69 Hilton Hotel, San Francisco, CA

Set 1 GD Show: Hard To Handle; Good Morning Little Schoolgirl; Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Turn On Your Lovelight

Set 2 Elective: Doin' That Rag; Alligator > Drums > Alligator > Death Don't Have No Mercy > Viola Lee Blues

Encore: It Hurts Me Too; Dancing In The Streets; And We Bid You Goodnight

Gonna have to write this like I haven't seen Night 2 or 3 yet... This was on the fifth day after my arrival in Amsterdam with my wife, so the jet lag had finally worn off and we were on the same schedule as the show. Keller, Moe, Lotus, and Mike were awesome, but DSO was our main focus as usual. The Melkweg is one of the coolest venues I have been to. No DEA to answer to; no searches; re-admission with no problem; no cigarette smoking indoors, but you can smoke other stuff if you want; easy access to the bar and restrooms. The dancefloor was poppin and the best song of the night was either Alligator which was long and intense, or Hurts Me Too. Lisa rocks. Also bought our concert poster on Night 1 so we made sure they didn't run out before Night 2.

Archived