2012 Tour Ideas

TJed

I think it would be really great if DSO re-created an entire Grateful Dead tour.

For example, since it's 2012, why not:

1. Re-create the entire legendary Spring, 1977 tour. All really great shows, what better way to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of this wonderful tour.

2. Re-create the entire Europe, 1972 tour. Again, all great and historic shows, what better way to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of this wonderful tour.

Just an idea...

• Forum MVP

I think this idea has a few problems. I agree that both of those tours mentioned contain some outstanding GD shows. However, for those of us, who do large portions of DSO tours the setlists from both may 77 and Europe 72 would contain too many repeated songs, in my opinion.

Guest L~Cat

agree with Rick..... a couple nights, sure...whole tour, too much of everything can sometimes be too much....

love the variety we get and wouldn't want that to change.....

now, original setlists tour or TN tour, thats a whole other story.....

agree with Rick..... a couple nights, sure...whole tour, too much of everything can sometimes be too much....

Too much of everything is just enough....

• Forum MVP

I think this idea has a few problems. I agree that both of those tours mentioned contain some outstanding GD shows. However, for those of us, who do large portions of DSO tours the setlists from both may 77 and Europe 72 would contain too many repeated songs, in my opinion.

All the more like touring with the GOGD......

• Forum MVP

All the more like touring with the GOGD......

Point taken. I'm going to stand by my original statement, but also would do just as many shows regardless of the repetitiveness. I don't think the band is going to go for it anyway.

• Advisory Board

I LOVE that idea!!

How bout three original nights at GAMH?

That would be solid.

+1

Archived