David Gans Dead to the World w/Rob, Jeff, and Lisa Tonight

Evangeline

• Forum MVP

Just saw on David Gans' site, Cloud Surfing (http://cloudsurfing.gdhour.com/) that Ron Eaton, Lisa and Jeff will be on tonight 8 PM Pacific Time=11 PM EST, so I plan to trade the Daily Show for Dead to the World tonight!!

Tonight on Dead to the World

April 3rd, 2012

Lisa Mackey, Rob Eaton, and Jeff Mattson of Dark Star Orchestra will visit Dead to the World (and sing a few songs) Wednesday, April 4, at 8pm Pacific time. Also scheduled: a preview of the 7/18/89 Grateful Dead concert that will be shown in theaters on 4/19, and an unreleased studio performance by Bob Weir and Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real, courtesy of TRI Studios. (Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real perform live online from TRI Tuesday, April 17.)

Dead to the World happens Wednesdays 8-10pm Pacific time, broadcast on KPFA 94.1 fm in northern California and webcast via kpfa.org and kfcf.org

• Forum MVP

Thanks Rob, Jeff, and Lisa--and David Gans!! That was a fine treat! They performed (acoustic) Run for the Roses, Tell it to Me, Attics, Heaven Help the Fool, Strange Man, and Gomorrah. Sounded great!! That was really fun and a much appreciated dose of music for me--stuck out on the east coast!!!!! :D

• Forum MVP

I enjoyed that too,,,Lisa sounded excellent and I appreciated Jeff's humor. I actually thought D Gans was underprepared for the interview stuff,,,there are so many interesting directions he could have led the conversation about what it's like to play this music this well in this day and age with this audience,,,but oh we'll it's still cool that he hosted them in the studio for the show,,,and Eaton still seemed plenty energetic and engaged despite being under the weather

GAMH is about to get blasted I reckon,,,

• Advisory Board

I actually thought D Gans was underprepared for the interview stuff,,,there are so many interesting directions he could have led the conversation about

Out of curiosity, what kind of questions was he asking? Glad they rocked out the San Fran radio listeners!

• Forum MVP

Out of curiosity, what kind of questions was he asking? Glad they rocked out the San Fran radio listeners!

He really just asked them about their recent trip overseas and not much else...there was some funny banter between mattson and Gans and he also acknowledged Lisa for her singing and kazoo playing, etc.....it was cool that he gave them plenty of time to play music but I was hoping for a different level of conversation which Gans is certainly capable of facilitating, but nonetheless it was cool that they got the airtime,,,

Archived