june 27 2012

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

FYI, Jeff's 2ng leg flight yesterday into Denver was severely delayed by t-storms in the Denver area, and then diverted to Lincoln, NE for a long delay until they finally landed in Denver at around 9 PM, As the ride to Loveland was over an hour and the band had to be finished by 9:30, he was unable to make the show and very disappointed. He's rarin' to go tonight I bet!!

• 2 weeks later...

short show due to some technical difficulties during set up. the music was average. the crowd was a hysterical mix of locals, biker gangs, and hippies. ive never seen anything like it. it was awesome. the drive to the venue was up and down mountains and very beautiful. the only sad part was seeing the smoke from a fire coming over one of the mountains. the fire seemed to be pretty faraway though. the windjammer was a rustic super cool bar/venue/mini little festival like area. the staff were friendly and the hell's angels were selling t shirts.i regret not buying one. another selling point of the venue was the wet tshirt contest that they were enthusiastically trying to get every female to participate in. haha. i hope one day the whole dso band decides to make an appearance at the windjammer. i would gladly pay money for that experience again.

Archived