drums >

space >

Saint Of Circumstance >

Positively 4th Street >

Turn On Your Love Light 

Encore : The Weight

• Advisory Board

What a "crazy, crazy night"....

The 2 shows were EPIC, although I enjoyed the first night a bit more then the second, but they were still both H-O-T, literally and figuratively...

Let me tell you, there wasn't a dull moment at any point during, or after the show that night...

WOOOOO WEEEEEE!!!!

• Forum MVP

TOLD YOU guys its a bad place. There is something to be said for Rick's deadication to return to places he is very much not wanted (except by the dark side lol) but as for me and Mango, we're just gonna have to miss some epic shows like above cause we will NOT go to bad energy vortex's. Dewey is one of them. Don't say we didn't warn you! with all the heavenly venues in the country, why go to Dewey? Bars like that are gross. lol

LOVE YOU RICK!

Great show, my favorite all around of the two dewey shows. it was great to see so many friendly faces from all over the country. the dewey shows had a great turn out. it felt like going home :) the show was a real dancer from start to finish. it was super hot but we had tons of room in the back to dance. The first set highlights for me were althea, so many roads (!!!), and foolish heart. Hearing Jeff do roads was mind melting. second set highlights were sunrise, new speedway, 4th st, and lovelight. barraco stood up and sang lovelight from front and center of the stage which was AWESOME and had the audience captivated the whole time. the weight encore is always a treat and was the perfect way to end the show. thank you dso, we all had a great time. unfortunately the events after the show weren't so great. I wouldn't mind never going back to dewey beach... but I won't get into details :) I'm just glad we got out of there alive..

• Forum MVP

Why go to Dewey?

Man, seems like I just can't go to Dewey Beach without some kind of incident. The first trip involved a parking ticket, but whatever it is, 4 out of 4 trips to Dewey Beach have involved some debacle or another. Yes it is me. I party, I stay up late, and I like to have fun. I'm not really making enough of an effort to blend it, but I am doing this with safety in mind and spending money in their town. I really don't know why they treat me so unkind. Although in this case, I actually think they showed a great deal of kindness. I'm just thankful I got to enjoy the shows and I was served no long term harm. Some would say never go back, miss velvet seems to be of this persuasion and those passing out that advice would be sound in their judgment, but come on, if DSO plays two nights, I'm going. Hotel room too small and neighbors too close. Next time rent a house. I'm going to have a party go down without problem eventually or at least, I keep trying.

I thought this show was the better of the two Dewey Beach shows. Lots of friends in town. Chuckles, Bix, even Dr. V made an appearance, Herdy, Sammy, and many others. I made a few new introductions and saw a lot of familiar faces. Besides DSO two nights the friends and the beach make this hornets nest a joy to attend. The Bottle and Cork can get crowded and I was happy DSO was playing during the week and not the weekend; thus, a little more room to move and a little less hot. DSO always seems to bring the goods in these sweaty bar/clubs; the 930 club is no different.

Who doesn't love a Bucket opener? As your sanity starts to slip away as the show begins, the band breaks into a tune that creates a dancing frenzy and we all celebrate the enjoyment of the ride. Then to get a Duprees. I love that song - great story. Up next, the band breaks into Cassidy and I love the celebration of oneself contained within that song. The reassurance that you who you are meant to be. Did I mention all of these numbers were played with enthusiasm and gusto. The band is really delivering this night. As not to get too long winded on just the first set, let me mention that the blow away and the so many roads were both moving and memorable on this night. I think this might have been the strongest first set during the 7 shows in 8 night run, but don't quote me on that just yet, I want to go back over the other nights first. The music played by this band is top-notch every night and just when you think you've found your favorite, another show comes to mind you liked a little bit more. I think I saw someone post once that their favorite show is their next show.

After a superb first set and a trip to the hotel room (we were right across the st.), we got ready for the 2nd set. I waited in the room long enough to enter as the band was striking back up and the band dropped into china-rider. I love the rider portion of this 2 song; I always find myself lost in the music and leaving my surroundings and entering into spiritual place. I think of those I miss and those that may miss me. Really was no time to dwell on those feelings as Lisa led us through a beautiful rendition of sunrise. Any song that features lisa as the primary vocalist is special. She really commands attention and holds it while she's singing. Women smart got the crowd rocking joyously and feverishly again. IMO, the real highlight of the night came with positively 4th st. I absolutely love this song and I was so happy when DSO played it at the ledges and thus, added it to the rotation. Despite the brilliance of so many roads, lovelight was also fantastic with as aforementioned, baracco taking center stage to deliver the pigpen rap as he had some technical difficulties. This was one of those moments were a mistake actually lead to some more breathtaking entertainment. The center stage rap was priceless and really showed the versatility this band has at overcoming obstacles. The weight is always a fitting way to send us off into the night. We miss you levon.

Wow. Great elective. I love these electives that touch on many errors. 80s opener, but some late 70s and then the Pig. Brent and Pig in one night with a little JGB sprinkled in. Sounds like too much fun.

I would like to give a special thanks to sammy and bix for helping us out this night. I'm not sure I would be typing this message without you guys. A sincere thanks to the band and crew for making this community possible for me. Love is real...

Archived