music

scarlet>fire

prophet>drums

OTHER ONE>good lovin>

black peter

terrapin!!!!

around and AROUND

e: us blues

F: PRIDE (eaton said it and they DID it!)

GLORIA!!!!!!

SO much fun especially once second set got under way. details tomorrow gonna enjoy my night :)

• Forum MVP

The played pride of cucamonga for filler and Eaton said they hadn't done it in years but they did it at my first show in feb 2009 and it positively haunted me in furthur but last night I think I really enjoyed it though it was a bit evident it had been a while, the fun had carried through and by GLORIA they really closed us out just perfectly..........

But when we GOT there the only indication of how much fun we would have was the super slippery sliding dance floor that made the late 70s setup on the stage look SUPER fun! and it WAS! I am usually a little hesitant to remain in the heavy dancing section, preferring to spread myself (being a unicorn) in more solitary whirling pursuits, but I have to say THANK YOU to those wild santa cruz dervishes because I let myself stay up front near them and it was rather pleasant to be lost amongst other mythical beasts and not just feel like a lonely last unicorn...... and i had so much SPACE up front this night with that sliding floor that I had one of the best show experiences I have had in a while, though that is not to say I feel it was the "best" show, though the second set REALLY moved me, I mean REALLY!

I was in the Barraco zone musically which doesn't always happen when standing in front of him, in fact the last few nights I was having trouble hearing him where I was standing but he was in some very special state by second set and it shined through in absolutely every magical rainbow hoofbeat on strawberry clouds as the magical flying horned creature that is his playing across my eager mind. YUMMY!

Solid first set, I knew it would be loser but Mango had to come ruin it and TELL me so I didn't get to write it on my own and say I got it right this time ;) hearing them say "happy" was funny since the last I got was a second set ballad slot gargantuan. it was happy and made me feel like we were gambling the swamp away. dripping FOTD and by sunrise I was a little ball of light soaking in every bit of the celestial energy from Lisa's masterful commandment of this music.... wow!

second set is what really got me going, the scarlet through prophet was some of the best music I have ever heard. just amazing and flowing and swaying beautific majesty. some of the best scarlet feelings i have ever had..... magnificent!!!!!! felt like it was played just to me and my brain still hasn't made the Fire cause I'm so lost on grosvenor still......

dropping outta drums to the other one really took my face off and into good lovin was super duper swell good time in every way and then just to get a black peter that instead of mournful and dying was just exploding with the life that was our life and we all welcomed death just as we welcomed our friend or two when they decided to come around. terrapin was gorgeous and i was happy to dance these feelings out as a little orbiting moon after being so filled by DSO light the whole show and then they caught me and we kept going round and round and around and though there were some slips in transitions due to the sliding nature of the mood of the night but the meat of the show was so super psychedelic and infused with drippy amazingness that we all made it to Gloria in one piece (maybe without faces).

had so much fun, got to see and dance with some people that mean a LOT to me from strangers to almost forgottens to friends i never get to see enough and it was one of those perfect audiences.....

EXCEPT for MR ASSHOLE that thought it was OK TO SIT ON THE STAGE during drums. I am sorry but i know joseph's oxygen is annoying up there, and go ahead and keep it off the stage, but can't ya throw assholes like THAT GUY THAT SAT ON THE STAGE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW out of the venue? how disrespectful! I definitely told him so but that he was allowed to just stand on me the rest of second set was a little gross and sickening.....

how can people come to DSO and treat it like some shitty bar band? do they not have ears? or eyes? are their senses just gone? the day of no feeling came for them i guess, and I don't mind giving them my light, but i have to express to all of you here just how bizarre these people are in their blatant ignorance of the epic magnitudes they could be tuning into but can't because

this music is too special and the true heart of the secret of DSO is too easy to love for everyone to accept it.... the easiest things usually are. :)

KISSES and HUGS to you ALL see you again tonight!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

I FINALLY followed some advice from around here and got on a damn plane for a three night sermon in the bay area...

And with night 1 under the belt,,,I am already soooo glad it came together to pull this off...I only have ever had one dso hit outside of Oregon and Washington before (at the gamh) and a pilgrimage to experience the Fillmore seemed in order before settling in for the winter up north...

Loved the Fox theater, tons of dance space and beautiful ornate details all over the hall...

This show felt rock solid from start to finish,,,1st set highlights for me were the sugaree (WAY stretched out) and a kind of haunting Loser...

2nd set ascension at full throttle with wondrous jams all the way through...the set really seemed to fit the art of the theater as there are some

beautiful paintings on the side walls...one side with a huge image of a man in what struck me as a Terrapin pose and the other on opposite side with a majestic woman kind of standing in a shaft of light and rising up to paradise...

There were insane jams all over this set, but I gotta say the intro jam into Good Lovin was the finest thing I have EVER experienced in and around that song...wow! Lotta Barraco mania throughout this set as well,,,, god it's good to be dancing right in front of this dso power once again!!

Not sure what else to say other than great to be around familiar faces and cant wait for more tonight right in the heartland ....

• Forum MVP

we MISS YOU TEA!

Awww, Miss everyone too! Life has intervened and made getting to shows decidedly difficult and at a time where I need them more than ever. I will survive I'm sure...

Trying to line up Charlottesville, and 930 > look good so far - Best Buy maybe? Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Archived