The Egg, Albany 12/5

found

• Forum MVP

if your show count starts after Aug 9 , 1995 ... you missed the bus ... nuff said !!!

We're chasing your bus with a more eco friendly planet conscious vehicle. Mango already gave the history lesson. None of us are actually on Ken Kesey's bus of merry pranksters. Outside of meeting Zane; I have no actual connection with a bus (other than a school bus/including the short one) or anyone that actually rode on the Furthur bus. I have certainly partook in Ken Kesey's ride in a metaphorical sense. As many of us here probably have. Found already explained it's a state of consciousness so when you start or where you begin matters none; it is where you are. Despite all this, I must agree with your statement that in terms of the GD many of us here were not fortunate enough to be old enough/tall enough to take that ride. However, I would contend that doesn't matter.

If you never witnessed Christ, I must ask are you any less Christian? No one alive was alive when Christ was, but many call themselves Christians. I never saw Jerry Garcia and for a long time I wouldn't say this because of that fact, but I have no reservations in unequivocally and proudly calling myself a Deadhead. I would vouch for Mango and Found too. I'm not sure I want to be on a finite bus that ends when the leader's life passes. I think I would much rather ride on a timeless bus that carries on through the memory of what used to be or even better put, what still might come. The promise of the future. I have dedicated much of my life and energy into listening and interpreting the message of Jerry Garcia/ the GD through careful attention to the music and the wisdom of those that came before. Not to get overly religious, but like the message of JC (as I see it), the message of the GD can be captured in one word for me: LOVE.

I get your point comesatime. I see why you would say what you did and I certainly can see why Found was upset with my earlier post. I managed to avoid feeling upset because I know it's all love here, but I did feel the need to speak. People who believe themselves to be Heads (myself included) seem to get offended when someone else challenges that sentiment. It's only natural and in terms of being a Head, most would contend that the definition is derived from within and peer approval is not required.

I may not be on your August 9, 1995 bus. Just as your old ass doesn't seem capable of keeping up with my newly refurbished DSO bus and let none of us get it twisted; none of us are on Kesey's bus, I have met no one here who attended a test, and some old heads would tell you the bus brokedown with the release of Touch or even with onset of Jerry's heroin addiction. That would exclude you to comesatime. At the end of it, it really doesn't matter anyway. I love this music. i love sharing in this community and I love to try to dance. You can tell me I'm wrong and it won't matter. I am a deadhead and so are you - doesn't matter who's bus/car we take.

Sorry; I'm bored and I took comesatime's bait. He was once the master at dropping board bombs and stirring up the pot.

• Forum MVP

I may not be on your August 9, 1995 bus. Just as your old ass doesn't seem capable of keeping up with my newly refurbished DSO bus

Rick , I had to edit your post to get to the good stuff ... I'm sorry your the only one that stepped in the poo , but thanks for feeding my ego ... I was hoping to take all three of you little birdies down with a single stone ... I thought little boys head would explode on this one , he practiced great restraint ... your post got a like from mango , thats an indirect hit , I'll take it ...

• Forum MVP

we thought we were on some bus in my day too ... we were on a few good days off from reality here and there throughout the year thanks to the Grateful Dead ... and thats how it is with DSO , some time off from reality to rock to some grate music ...

• Forum MVP

Hmmm, on that note I'd like to see/hear DSO play 'Promontory Rider', maybe Lisa could sing it.

+1. And now I will have Promatory Rider, Territory Ranger......Step Up! in my head for days. I think JGB Hempstead NY 1980 needs to get back in the rotation. Thanks guys :)

• Forum MVP

we thought we were on some bus in my day too ... we were on a few good days off from reality here and there throughout the year thanks to the Grateful Dead ... and thats how it is with DSO , some time off from reality to rock to some grate music ...

I'm trying all though I have not broken free and the world has crawled its way into my mind. I am trying to run a bus that isn't a temporary break. I don't think Kesey was offering a few day escape from real life. He was promoting the escape and never coming back. I'm pretty sure Leary pushed that notion too. Tune in, turn on, and drop out.

• Forum MVP

I'm trying all though I have not broken free and the world has crawled its way into my mind. I am trying to run a bus that isn't a temporary break. I don't think Kesey was offering a few day escape from real life. He was promoting the escape and never coming back. I'm pretty sure Leary pushed that notion too. Tune in, turn on, and drop out.

you and your gang are doing a better job than most of us are and did back in the day ... glad you know I was just busting balls about the 95 thing ... I'm the last person you have to defend your headiness too ... I thought I died and went to heaven at my first DSO show and still feel the same when I can get my old fart ass to a show ...

• 2 months later...

Archived