GAMH #2

Island Bro

• Forum MVP

Original Recipe

One

Here Comes Sunshine ; Me And Bobby McGee ; They Love Each Other ; Next Time You See Me ; Mama Tried ; Loose Lucy ; Let Me Sing Your Blues Away ; You Ain't Woman Enough ; Brown-Eyed Women ; The Race Is On ; Chinatown Shuffle ; Scarlet Begonias

Two:

Cold Rain And Snow ; Mister Charlie ; It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry ; Box Of Rain ; Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleloo ; Truckin' > jam > drums > jam > Stella Blue ; It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World ; New Speedway Boogie > Truckin' reprise

Encore: Rockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu

Notes: In the style of early '70s. One drummer Dino

• Forum MVP

Last night was top notch IMO. A wonderful mix of songs ranging from 70-74. Train to cry and half step were seriously good. Looking forward to one more nights before taking a break until the jubilee.

• Forum MVP

All three nights at the Great American Music Hall were fantastic, each in their own way, but on this night everything fell into place just perfectly. There are many factors that affect the quality of one's show experience. I don't want to get into the details of this, mostly personal stuff, but lets just say that on this night, in a way-too-small-for-DSO-venue, we held down a great dance space all night. I know not everyone probably felt the same way but for me, on this night, it was perfect. Had just the right spaces to flow through...the music is important to me but in the end if I can't find the proper space to move with it my experience will suffer...but not this night!

I just loved the eclectic selection in both sets. Took a minute for the crowd to settle into "here comes sunshine" but by the end of the jam I knew we were in for a good night. I always say that I like 'tleo' slow, but this fast version just freakin' smoked. 'next time you see me' was the first clue that this was in fact NOT a GD show....if you don't know why, then you need to do some studying. Scarlet to close the set was very strong. Second set was pure bliss for me, all the way through. Let's do it again!!!

Archived