The Hamilton > DC

Tea

• Forum MVP

Acoustic Original

Set One: Dire Wolf ; Queen Jane Approximately > Jack-A-Roe ; Monkey And The Engineer ; She Belongs To Me ; Big Iron ; Ain't It Crazy (The Rub) ; To Lay Me Down ; Wake Up Little Susie ; Box Of Rain ; Swing Low Sweet Chariot ; Black Throated Wind ; Operator ; Midnight Moonlight

Set Two: On The Road Again ; Gomorrah ; The Race Is On ; Big Boss Man ; China Doll ; It Makes No Difference ; Deep Elem Blues ; When I Paint My Masterpiece ; The Thrill Is Gone ; Bird Song > Cassidy > The Stranger (Two Souls in Communion) > Bird Song > Throwing Stones > Ripple

Encore: The Weight

Notes: Acoustic. Jim Allard on bass and vocals.

• Forum MVP

Thanks T for being such a good communicator of set list on Forums!!!   A great asset to many of us!!!    Last night was my first acoustic show of anything.   But really.....after GD, never gave many other bands a chance.

I would of loved to get up close and personal, but the place was so damned packed!!!!    I found my little whole, in a corner, furthurest from the music of course.     there was the stage, and they fit all those fuckers up there(small stage).  Only time I saw Bar.... was in the tv screens behind the bar.     Eaton was always visible, and Lisa was dancing her ass off!!   She plays the harmonica pretty well too:}!!!!

My highlights, and yes before I begin, I asked some people to please lower their voice, that I traveled far to hear the music, not them.   They got upset, and tried to talk to me while I was dancing, and the dude told his chick, he's in the zone, let em be:}!!!!    After I threw my arms up to let them smell the pits from hell!!!    Anyhow, we all became friends towards end of show.  They even told Cosmo Mike and his friend to keep an eye out for me during set break.  Guess he associated frenzy dancing with intoxication.  who knows maybe his is right?   Different levels for all!!!

Anyhow.......Midnight Moonlight   1st set ender really made me happy.     Ripple was nice, cause by that time, place cleared out, and the staff just accepted that I was going to run spin, and dance my ass off, with out knocking anyone over, and even avoiding and helping other drunken non dancers!!!    I got to jump and spin in the isles eventually!!!    I love space, and it was fun!!!  

I did find myself with many mixed feelings throughout show.  My own head not DSO.   Thought it would be easy to dance all the blues away, but at times, during moments it just made me collapse with hands on head and face down.   That shit concerns people when they just saw me slam dunking some tunes.  Oh well-----a review of the show, not about me!!!

They were so much fun.  Honestly, I thought Phil was fucking filling in on Bass.  Who was that guy?    I was told, but forgot, just had to take a second look!!!    Funny how the guys who jam the shit look alike---don't ya think?  He did look a bit like Phil.

Sold out show, but there were some people who left, so a friend got a wristband!!   That was cool, I like dancing with you guys!! 

Place was set up for mainly eaters who sit and watch a show.  Very little dance room, and though staff was nice, they were on top of me several times to find other places to spread wings.    Get rid of the tables, would be fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!  

DSO----first acoustic show, and though I really liked, I prefer the electric magic.  To lay me down is beautiful, but could not hear it:{   China doll had a great peak!!  Mattson really threw his voice up there so it did not matter about the talk, I heard awesome pitch and soulful meaning.   Its only fractured, just a little nervous from the fall-------hmmm..........I swear they wrote and sung these songs for me, but don't we all feel like that!!!!

I missed Dire Wolf, fuck....I thought they opened QJ, we were late.  Fuck..........would of creamed me jeans---oh well---

Throwing stones, not a big fan of the song, though the beat has good dance fodder, still, playing it yards from the White house and Treasurer----yea, makes it a bit special!!!  

The Bird song into Cassidy was not expected but well welcomed!!  By that time, some people faded out, and the transfer was a fun release of positive energy for everyone!!!    

Nice night, thanks DSO----and safe travels to yall traveling the east this week:}!!!!

Peace

Archived