East Coast Breakout

August West

• Forum MVP

It seems that just about every tour DSO performs a tune which wasn't in rotation for many years. Money Money was played a bunch out west after not being played for quite some time.

So without furthur adieu. Might as well bust out the Lo Spark for the first time, to the sold out houses in the NE that are awaiting DSO's arrival. They've teased it before at the E- Fact (below) Just do it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r94YbIUFbFQ

As a side note for those of you going to the Best Buy. Be very careful, and be smart. Saw a lot of people getting popped there at P & F. Security handing people right over to NYC police, after finding contraband during the search to enter the venue.The cops were standing right by where the searches were conducted, and they were taking people away. I've never seen anything like it. Maybe Vegas can speak about the legality of this. Seems so wrong on so many levels to me. You guys think the E- Factory is bad, the search there is mild compared to what they were doing at the Best Buy. I'm sure everybody is wise to it as it is Times Square, and I know we are subject to search, but they were really over the top this time. Hopefully it won't be at that level for DSO, but it might. So be prepared. Peace. 

• Forum MVP

I think the lawyer could tell you the convoluted interpretation of how what they were doing is excepted now but the fact remains that the majority of arrests in this country stem as a result from unconstitutional violations of search and seizure rights. NYPD is one of the best at it.

• Forum MVP

So after the Sat Lake show out west, I posted the following:

The Boulder shows are going to be straight-up filthy. There is one tune I'm hoping they bust out! I won't say what it is for fear of jinxing it - based on the creativity of these originals I think there is as good a chance as any that it will happen during this 3 show run to close.

Take a wild guess as to what song I was referring to?

Traffic_-_The_Low_Spark_of_High_Heeled_B

Oh man > That would be sweeeeeet!  I know that Rob B. and Jeff know the tune very well - here's to them kickin it around with their mates and then givin it a spin.  They'd slay it > no doubt! 

Sad stuff at Best Buy.  I heard they were checking socks, shoes, waistbands, and even some junk in a few cases.  I mean wow.  The fact that they had the cops right there if something surfaced shows they were obviously in cahoots which each other.  What a damn shame.  I'll never go back but my reasons are a little different - this just cinches it.

If you need to enhance your musical experience when DSO rolls in, you'd best get yourself taken care of before you enter that place.  it may end up not being over the top like it has been for P & F, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's more of the same.  According to one of the cops, the feeling is that if someone is willing to conceal something that's against the law, it's really no different than if they're trying to bring in a weapon - it's all about intent.  I think I'm gonna have call bigtime BS on that one.

We are becoming less free - every single day.  Death by a thousand tiny cuts.

• Forum MVP

We were children once, playing with toys...

Seemed like it was gently teased indeed at the Fox.

I will spare everyone a dissertation on the interesting state of the law of search and seizure. Given the recent appellate decision upholding NYC's "stop and frisk" policy, I have a feeling that any searches conducted before one enters avenue or other public place will be upheld on health and safety grounds. "Probable cause" is not required. Your personal beliefs in the matter do not matter at all. Things may change with the election of a new mayor there but given institutional inertia, it will likely take time. Meanwhile don't be a martyr.

Here's another tune: I fought the law...

• Forum MVP

That's the thing Chuck. I know my personal opinion doesn't matter but either should there's. This is about interpretation of the 4th and 5th amendments as well as the first and if we get real serious the 2nd. Not to mention the illegality of sexual harassment. Recently I chose to avoid the radiation of the body scanner. The manner in which security touched me would most certainly hold up in court as sexual harassment, possibly even sexual assault if I performed these so called "pat down" techniques on an unsuspecting lady. Breaking the law to enforce it is wrong on every level. Fuck being martyr. Martyrs typically die in vain. They keep treating us like this and we will need soldiers and they can be the martyrs.

• Forum MVP

Anybody know who the Promoter is these days at the Best Buy? For that kind of suff to go down they had to be in cahoots with the NYPD.

AEG Live affilate of AEG Worldwide - not sure of the individual who heads the promotion of the facility

http://www.aegworldwide.com/

A wholly-owned subsidiary of the Anshutz Corporation

• Forum MVP

I think the art lies in knowing when to pick one's battles. In a line on the cold sidewalks of Times Square might not be the best place. I know full well the implications of the notion "if not here, then where; if not us, then who?" And with the anniversary of Kristallnacht just a few days ago, the slow roll down the slippery slope is something to ponder. Just don't hand yourself to them on a silver platter.

• Forum MVP

Tea ya beat me to it.

And enough with the Revolutionary rhetoric, ain't nobody got time for that.  Here in the mountains we deal with a significant police presence but we are rarely subjected to gestapo techniques.  Today I will pick another show from 1970 and with any luck, post my first review of the DSO shows I saw on the Fall west coast tour.  Caught the first 2 and the last 5.  

If we are encouraging breakouts, I would love to here DSO perform:

Senor (Tales of Yankee Power)

Twilight [time]

Slewfoot

Gathering Flowers for the Master's Bouquet

Also following the breakout of Got my mojo working, I would really appreciate a mojo > caution or caution > mojo

• Forum MVP

If we are encouraging breakouts, I would love to here DSO perform:

Senor (Tales of Yankee Power)

Twilight [time]

Slewfoot

Gathering Flowers for the Master's Bouquet

Also following the breakout of Got my mojo working, I would really appreciate a mojo > caution or caution > mojo

^^^ Yes Please!!!! 

Archived