Jamestown,NY

redeyedbert

• Forum MVP

Crazy Digits for the win! Looks like a romp from here!!!!!

Yes a romp it was. Quaint venue. Old theatre with GA with virtually no security leading to intense aisle dancing especially the first few rows. No space from front row to stage. Decided to abandon my first set position in the second row to the absolute back of the venue up on the balcony. Sound was great up there and plenty of dancing room plus with virtual no security....

Able to enjoy the "Casey Jones" one time brew for $5 a 12 oz glass! The stats for you micro brew fans:

Brewed - once 10/19/2013

ABV - 6.4%

Fermentation - ale yeast, Stella and Southern cross hops, lightly roasted green coffee beans

Availability - TONIGHT (11/15/2013)/ Extremely limited

Was yummy....6.4% alcohol with caffeine and dancing to DSO....intensity of evening just seemed to increase.

I bet after there first visit the band returns....I hope so

Terrific show overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the venue, its staff, and especially the one-night only sale of "Casey Jones" beer from Southern Tier.  A lot of power in the first set, i.e. screaming guitars!  Second set was quite lovely as well, but I did eat a brownie so take that for what its worth.  I really enjoyed the slightly slowed-down Eyes, though the band looked confused at times.  I was delighted to hear the filler, Brokedown Palace, as I hadn't heard it yet in my 11 previous DSO shows.  It was heartfelt and engaging.  I fully endorse the new bassist, he just seems to fit, perhaps part of that first-set power I mentioned.  

I drove solo from Cleveland for the show, and all the people of Jamestown I talked to were extremely kind.  The venue is nice, very good sound all over.  I hope DSO returns in the near future.  

Archived