the food

JacksonPollockDancer

So to those of you who have been there before, and of course our band dso and the music is first, but how is the fucking food?!

I personally am super splurging on this trip, and can't do fine dining normally, but can see myself at the sushi bar each and every night as this is something I  love but can't afford in the real world.

and suggestions on resort dining options?

• Forum MVP

I think the food offerings may have changed a bit due to new management.  I was pleased with the food but not ecstatic but also didn't get to try some of the finer dining options due to poor planning.  I would make reservations and stick to them.  I would plan on dining to take longer in Jamaica than in America (don't mess with show time too much).  I would give 2 hours to eat.  The lamb chops from the pool grill were my favorite every day option and lobster on the last night was not to be missed.  Also (the breakfast buffet is like most breakfast buffets, awesome) so stay up late or get up early and I will see you in the breakfast line.

Yes, the nude pool lamb chops are by far the best thing I had but all the jamaican offerings were pretty yum. Don't expect any metro sophisticated fair but I thought everything seemed real fresh and sat clean in the belly.

Personally I started everyday with a couple plates of fresh fruit, stewed greens and a strong ass rum drink so I never had any complaints.

See you there  ;)

• Forum MVP

Food,   God Damn, I was wondering what kind of IPA will be available!!!     Who needs food when you got hopps?   I hope to God I am not stuck drinking Red Stripes!!  Not a big fan, and as long as there is meat and vegetables served with out Hep C!!!  I will be in Heaven.

Wife told me two days ago to sell my "Miracle" ticket.   WTF!!!!   Yea, let me profit from someone else's generosity.  She got mad when I told her I would just give it away and try to transfer my plane ticket.  She blew up on me.  Told her to go instead then!!   Might help her find some good meaning in something bigger than herself!!!

I understand we are strapped.  Kids, mortgage, retirement....etc....plus what ever lawyer she pays too keep her knowledgeable about her options from my actions:{    Its tough, life is tough, but I sadden about the idea "She" wants me to profit, or at least break even on a gift from a stranger.

Strangers shaking strangers hands--------------Given hugs to sweaty guys and gals after a terrific set or song even.  Passing on your gifts to others who may not have gifts to offer back, and not even knowing the person your hugging or offering:}!!!   Its that feeling of comradery  that makes all of this worth it!!!   No, not everyone gets it, not even some who entertain the scene!!   But......I get it......I love it, and I will be going to Jamaica broke.  So what.  There are only two things I need.   I wonderful Square meal, 30 mins before show time:O}!!!!!, and some beautiful music:}!!!!!! 

Sorry about the rant,,,,,just look forward to dancing again (in the same place!!!) to these tunes.   No Jubilee for me:{  No more shows for a long long while after Jamaica:{

So back to post.  I care less about the quality of food, just get me filled, and let the music be the best I have ever witnessed!!!! 

I would be careful about your sushi!!!    Somethings you don't eat before a show, but only after a shower after the show:}!!!!!

I have to ask...  The nude pool lamb chops?    Does that mean they serve you lamb chops while your nude in the pool?  I know this is a adult resort, and they do have separate beaches.  One nude, one dressed.

If Cavey walks around in his prehistoric gear, I am going to embarrass my self the same, and by then, no one's stomach is going to care about food----hahaha.

Look forward to seeing you all soon!!!   Jackson Pollock..........hope you don't plan on sleeping:}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Forum MVP

Yea!!!!!    Mixed drinks are great, I just have tendency to drink to much of them:{   I have never been a slow pacer,   you know, to much to fast, to much of anything is not enough..........   

Oh well....no complaints.  I am just happy I am going to go pee in the sea, and dance like I will never be able to dance again!!!!

Reading above.   2 hour dinner!!!!!   Damn....you know what things I can get into in two hours,   The dinner plates hopefully are serving life size clams!!!!

Starting to get out of my NYE hole, and am getting excited for this.     So very excited.

Quick question to anyone from last year.  I got prescribed meds........will they give me shit at customs or do I need any other documentations to bring them into the country.  Hahah,   I am being serious!!!!

Thread drift sorry!!!   I am very good for that

food is one of my joys of life, of course I'm worried about it. I don't much care how my ethanol is dressed up.

I think sushi is actually pretty wonderful in the way of a pre show meal. not too heavy, still gonna be able to dance. The only danger would be unfresh fish. and I would hope that won't be a problem on the shore of an island. maybe I'll just save it for the last night, who knows.

and believe me sun, if I get to the point where I do need my z's, I'll be out and you won't be bothering me. just no frat boy pranks, bro!

• Forum MVP

Yea!!!!! Mixed drinks are great, I just have tendency to drink to much of them:{ I have never been a slow pacer, you know, to much to fast, to much of anything is not enough..........

Oh well....no complaints. I am just happy I am going to go pee in the sea, and dance like I will never be able to dance again!!!!

Reading above. 2 hour dinner!!!!! Damn....you know what things I can get into in two hours, The dinner plates hopefully are serving life size clams!!!!

Starting to get out of my NYE hole, and am getting excited for this. So very excited.

Quick question to anyone from last year. I got prescribed meds........will they give me shit at customs or do I need any other documentations to bring them into the country. Hahah, I am being serious!!!!

Thread drift sorry!!! I am very good for that

If the bottle has your name on it u are all good bro.

• Forum MVP

Cool........bottles got my name:}  Do not believe in illegal use of meds!!!!

I loved sushi at one time, but got a bad batch one night.  Instead of getting lovings, I got two days loving cold porcelain:}  Just my warning!!!!!!

Guess you got to play in Rome when in Rome, so same the islands.   Rum it is, but if I start talking like Keith Richards, someone please, knock my ass out!!!!!! 

I have a feeling things will be just fine!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Forum MVP

I became a frozen drink junkie in Jamaica. But I always had them put a shot of 151 on top so there would be enough alcohol. Note: If u drink more than 10 frozen drinks in a day expect seismic toilet activity the next morning.

Archived