Grateful Dead Podcast

found

• Forum MVP

Figured I'd give you guys  a heads up about a pretty exciting interview my brother and I just did on his podcast. My brother has been doing a podcast for the past 6 months or so, called Steve In The Raw. Typically he interviews local folks about their lives or if they have a certain area of expertise, they'll focus on a any given subject. Well a few weeks ago Steve was able to meet up with Jon Bernstein, who actually posts on these forums although very infrequently. Steve called me up on the day of the interview and I dropped whatever I was doing to join him on this interview. I met Jon back in 2010 at Barton Hall Furthur show and anytime we've gotten together and talked dead, it's always been a supreme pleasure so I knew I had to partake in this interview. 

Just a little background about Jon. His first show was Barton Hall 1977. He ran the gamut of deadhead types. Everything from rail rat to hallway dancer to taper etc. He didn't miss a single GD show from Jamaica Thanksgiving 82 to Dallas, TX 10-21-88 and ended up seeing over 700 GD shows as well as another 100+ JGB shows. I knew he had stories on top of stories and this interview proves to be quite the listen. The interview is about 2 hours long (could've gone for another 6 hours easily) and Jon takes us through his years of living on the road. It's an interesting and enjoyable listen for those of you who also spent many years on the road with band as well as for the youngn's out there that were just too young to experience and enjoy hearing these first hand accounts. 

Anyways, I won't say much more about it and I'll let the episode speak for itself. If you have the podcast or stitcher app on your phone you can easily find the interview by searching Steve In The Raw and it's the newest episode, "Long, Strange Podcast." If you just want to give it a listen on your computer you can do so by clicking on this link... http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/steveintheraw/id/2716965

Hope you guys enjoy listening to it as much as we did making it. 

I listened to it while drinking coffee and surfing the net this morning/afternoon.  I was entertained and did more listening than surfing.  Downloaded a couple of shows talked about that I haven't listened to before.  I enjoyed his perspective as a new fan in 1977.  How little info there was.  Being surprised at the little things.  Tapers and people that go to more than one show.  Going to every show between 82-88 is amazing.  

Enjoyed it.  Your love and knowledge of Grateful Dead music spills out of the podcast found.  

• Forum MVP

300+ shows not missing any is insane. Then take in the fact that he hitchhiked a lot too. Getting from jersey to Oregon in 4 days hitchhiking is beyond belief.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived