The Other One--the Long Strange Trip of Bob Weir

Evangeline

• Forum MVP

Wow, I saw this film last night at the Tribeca Film Fest premiere and it was amazing. The film was smart, insightful, and featured tons of great footage old and new. We really enjoyed it. I just lucked out--got an email a week or two ago about the event and bought tix for about $20 each. We had to wait on line in the very windy cold for an hour +, but it was worth it--4th row of the beautiful Tribeca Performing Arts Center, and after the film, Bob came out and played for over an hour and a quarter. I must say he sounded fantastic! A really wonderful evening and I highly recommend this movie. Anyone else there?

• Forum MVP

Some classic Weir talking with the Huffington Post before the premier:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/24/bob-weir-jerry-garcia_n_5205803.html

I watched this segment. Notable to me were the following comments.

In reference to legalization of marijuana, Weir expresses you need to be secure and know thyself before stepping into uncharted territories with psyche altering drugs because you should be all good within and not searching to fill yourself up. To step with a sure foot into a different space with awareness and being present and conscious with oneself. What a universal truth. Like that old verse goes, " Be in the world, not of the world." After all we are here to actualize ourselves, true selves. Get back to the garden, right? No ego, just that individual expression of that particularity that is you so you can connect with others truly and ring true through all your chakras without dissonance of light , whether it be attachment or pattern of thought , existence, or old unresolved feeling, whether this

lifetime's or another's and then synergize to bring light to the planet!

Also , I liked how he does not MISS Jerry because Jerry is with him. Experiencing death of loved ones myself, existentialism, though fun to contemplate or read Camus, bamboozled me because all that love can't just cease to exist! I feel my loved ones when I share their particular flavor of humor, persistence, joy, dedication, play in the now, right now. Their vibrational energy of that heart based Truth expressed is there and lives on. Whenever we anchor kindness, we do it for everyone. And that is one reason why it is so amazing to have communion of like souls at shows. Especially DSO shows!

Thanks guys and gal!

Archived