Anyone been to wolf trap before?

Beautiful venue.  Best feature-cans, bottles, coolers are allowed into the park.  However, you have to stash them with someone on the lawn, because you cannot bring drinks to the seats.  As far as whirling and twirling in the aisles goes-don't think the staff looks too highly upon that from my recollection.  If the weathers nice, there's plenty of dance space on the lawn.  Also, keep in mind that it's on FEDERAL property/parkland.

Wolftrap info:

- Can bring coolers with food, drink and alcohol into the venue. No restrictions on contents, glass ok etc. There are restrictions on size of cooler this year. I "think" its 48 quarts or smaller but check on web site.

-  Chairs with legs can only be set up in back of lawn. They rent cushion seats that lay flat on the ground or bring your own. Those are allowed anywhere on lawn. 

- They sell some limited food selection, drink, and alcohol for people who can't cope with bringing their own.

- Only bottled water is allowed into seated area. Most shows people just leave their coolers unattended in the wings with no problem. I would like to think DSO crowd would also not be a problem. 

- You are allowed re-entry so you can go out to your car if needed.

- Do not mis-read the friendly environment as apathy for other things. It is a federal park and it is monitored inside and in the lot. 

- 11pm curfew. 

Archived