Boulder #1

Tea

As usual, stellar effort by the band.

Here's the setlist:   Philadelphia Civic Center, 8.5.74

Set 1:Promised Land, Brown Eyed Women, Beat It On Down The Line, Dire Wolf, Me And Bobby McGee, Tennessee Jed, Jack Straw, Deal, El Paso, China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Around & Around

Set 2: Mississippi Half Step-> It Must Have Been The Roses, Big River, Ramble On Rose, Me & My Uncle, Scarlet Begonias, He's Gone-> Truckin'-> Jam-> The Other One Jam -> Space -> Jam -> Stella Blue-> One More Saturday Night, E: U.S. Blues

EE: Box of Rain

I love '74

• Forum MVP

Promised landed to open tour!?!?!? I saw the set up on the stage and almost called the opener out loud but I hate jinxing myself so I kept my mouth shut and just fell into the flight as it began. Rip roaring and charging forward, California bound, I am!!!! I am doing these reviews at Ozo in Boulder in the Pearl st mall and it is my last afternoon here until I make it back from Hawaii after west coast tour.... Sigh. Nostalgia. On with the review- they are fun to do in reverse order, like remembering the setlist it can be easier to go from recent to first. Hehe.

BEW was a great dance and BIODTL took us down the line for sure! So happy to be moving on in my life!!!! TN Jed really had the crowd going and the Jack Straw was magnificent!!! Ripping through the set like their hair was on fire, once we got to china rider i settled into 1974 with a big sigh if relief and joy that March Winds always come with DSO to blow all my troubles away! Thank you!!!

Half step to open the second set was just what I always want and getting the double roses with the big ol river inside after was a fun lil in and out of the roses river that once crossed becomes the shore of the enlightened mind.... Gosh darn it! So sweeeeet!!! Yellow light sparkling everywhere!!!

Scarlet- shook the kinda pervy kids hand and it helped him mellow lol! Lisa's gorgeous non conceptual supplication was just what the goddess was looking for and I lost my face right then and there and still can't quite find it- appropriate that he's gone came next.... And truckin...... Talk about freaking out in happiness of the moment! So happy to be on tour again!!!!!!! Gonna keep on truckin on!!!!

The jams after truckin into Stella had people shouting the other one and whispering it too, but I could feel the slipperiness of the jam and knew there was a chance we would just slide into the ballad slot.... When we did it was like fresh snow settling onto the warm ground, melting into life giving nectars! Oh Stella!!!! I didn't cry, but I did find my lack of self! Hehe. So epic!

Blew out the remains of our minds in the shredding last songs and

Thank you for sharing your Box with us again, Skip, we really really really like it!!!! ;)

Archived