Crystal Ballroom Night 1

goganious

I apologize in advance if this doesn't format correctly. Been having problems with the forums lately.

Universal Amphitheater 7/1/73

Mississippi Half Step, Me & My Uncle, Sugaree, The Race is On, Brown Eyed Women, Looks Like Rain, Don't Ease Me In, Big River, China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Around & Around.

Playin' In The Band, Row Jimmy, El Paso, Loose Lucy, Truckin'-> The Other One-> Wharf Rat-> Me And Bobby McGee, Casey Jones.

No encore in the original show, but "Greatest Story Ever Told" with Dino for an encore tonight. Also of note: While Jeff was having technical difficulties before the show started, Eaton asked Barraco to vamp on the keys for a few minutes. Barraco said "And for the first selection for tonight's recital, a piece by Bach"....and sure enough launched into a lovely little snippet. After that, a quick "Stairway to Heaven" tease that rolled directly into "Half Step". Never trust a prankster on April Fool's day. Great set, great energy, great weather. Thank you, DSO, for a real good time! See you all tonight!

Love that '73 groove! Packed house with room to dance and a great scene all around. Met so many kind folks. Intermission outside was a blast! Ready 2 do it again tonite

• Forum MVP

We were playing settlers of catan last night and I was overcome with a feeling that GSET was being played or gonna be- and I heard drumming loudest during the realization so I am happy to know I am still there in good ol unicorn spirit.

Tour is for the privlaged that worked to make it- my life has been derailed since Hawaii and try as I might I just couldn't wait an extra week in OR for tour- but maybe one of these days I will make some ends form a circle and come around- hopefully this week!

Love u guys and gals more than words can tell and I can't wait to read more awesome reviews and hear stories when our paths blissfully intersect and spiral once again!

Kiss kiss!

Archived